Problem with Radeon HD 6770 M ... Help !!!!!

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
My Laptop info

Core i7 2630QM @ 2.0Ghz
Radeon HD 6770 M 1 GB DDR5
Intel HD GPU
DDR3 4 GB 1333Hz Ram

I have this problem often. While playing certain games ( NFS Rivals, Grid 2 - even in low graphics) most often I get it hanged in after few min, and get a message that GPU had restarted. Is it so that the GPU is able to control these high end games ?. But I have no problem Playing Maxpane 3, NFS HP 2011, NFS RUN etc.

I have my Switchable GPU option to use High Performance GPU ( Made it Static in the BOIS). Does this means HD 6770 M GPU is alone used and not the Intel GPU? If so is there any way to make the game to use both the GPUs.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
My Laptop info

Core i7 2630QM @ 2.0Ghz
Radeon HD 6770 M 1 GB DDR5
Intel HD GPU
DDR3 4 GB 1333Hz Ram

I have this problem often. While playing certain games ( NFS Rivals, Grid 2 - even in low graphics) most often I get it hanged in after few min, and get a message that GPU had restarted. Is it so that the GPU is able to control these high end games ?. But I have no problem Playing Maxpane 3, NFS HP 2011, NFS RUN etc.

I have my Switchable GPU option to use High Performance GPU ( Made it Static in the BOIS). Does this means HD 6770 M GPU is alone used and not the Intel GPU? If so is there any way to make the game to use both the GPUs.

rivals is a ported game. you will likely experience hangs even on a high end set up. Also update the game before playing. what is your gpu usage while playing? post a screenshot of gpuz.

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
Error.jpg

OMG. :(
It is boiling inside.

Should i stay off from these games :(

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
you should reapply the thermal paste on your 6770m.try any good one like artic silver 5. till then it is better not to play any games.

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
ok. Thank You.

I'll try it.

Buy the way whats the maximum temp & other variables you get while playing hardcore games..

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
ok. Thank You.

I'll try it.

Buy the way whats the maximum temp & other variables you get while playing hardcore games..

i dont have a laptop. anyway you should keep it under 85C.Reapplying thermal paste on your 6770m will result in a considerable drop in temperature, if that exactly is your case.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
I believe its acceptable till 90 C for ultra high end games (ultra high-end in comparison to your laptop). Mine usually stay stable around 85-87 while gaming.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I think 85 degree and up is dangerous for long terms. Just touching 90 is okay for a short while but may lead to capacitor failures in the mobo near the GPU. My 8850M never exceeds 80.

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
And I found 1 thing, that my fan speed keeps constant at 30% neither increases nor decreases any problem ? or is it cause of HP's cool sense technology. I even tried turning it off.

And I found 1 thing, that my fan speed keeps constant at 30% neither increases nor decreases any problem ? or is it cause of HP's cool sense technology. I even tried turning it off.

You can use Open Hardware Monitor to manually set the fan speeds to 100% while playing games.

Top Bottom