Problem with Onboard graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohancool

Broken In
Hi all,
I have a P4 630 HT 3Ghz proccy on Intel Original 915GAG motherboard , 1GB DDR Ram, with 1 PCI Express(x16) slot. Recently i purchased a XFX 8400GS graphics card and installed it.After that i rebooted my machine and everything went fine and the OS booted(WinXP Pro SP2). It detected my new graphics card and i installed the drivers and all, and my card works fine. But now i might have a problem.I checked my display adapters in
Device manager->Display adapters and to my surprise i find that there are two video adapters shown 1)My new graphics card and 2)Intel 915 GMA graphics which is the on board one !! So i think the on board graphics is also working along with the new graphics card. So i remove the on board graphics card(by removing the driver from device manager) and reboot my PC . But the problem still persists and XP Detects the device automatically.Also whenever i see the memory installed , previously it was showing 1.00Gb exact whereas now its showing 0.99Gb..So guys i urgently need help on how to disable the on board graphics permanently(thr setting in Bios/Motherboard Jumper etc.)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Just disable to onboard the onboard graphics. I guess you will have to set the BIOS to INIT Display = PCI-E Option. The nvidia and Onboard cannot work together. I would suggest.....

1. Remove your graphics card + drivers. (Physically).
2. Boot into windows normally (with Onboard enabled).
3. Shut down the system.
4. Re-seat the graphics card.
5. Upon restart, immediately go into BIOS and disable onboard.
6. When you reach the desktop your PCI-E bridge will get recognized.
7. Install drivers (get the latest GeForce ones).
8. Restart.

Dont worry about the RAM display. At times the OS can not see all of it (but it will utilize the full 1 GB). Is your XP patched to the latest Service Packs (minimum 2)..??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom