razorsharp

Right off the assembly line
i have a problem with medal of honour pacific assault
it shows the error that your grafixcard does not support
directx 8.1 but i have directx 9.0c
installed

D

dinesh_singh

provide some info about ur cofig........
coz installing directz 9c doesnt mean ur card supports it....
for example ati radeon 9200 suppoorts 8.1 but it doess not support directx 9.
so u must be habing an old card like riva tnt
or must be having a onboard vedio so please provide ur sys info.

this valids for future too.....
always supply every possible info u know best upto ur knowledge.

sandeeprao

Broken In
i had a similar problem.i have a 64 mb geforce 4mx 420 card and 256 mb ram.if i try to run the game in xp it says that the video card doesn't support dx8.1 completely..i guess razorsharp must be having the same prob.any suggestions??
i updated all the drivers.

vasanth_12345

Journeyman
Thats bcos xp's default drivers dont support opengl.Install the nvidia drivers the game will run smooth.Btw i had the same problem it went away once i installed the nvidia drivers

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
gentlemen... dx8 brought about shaders(pixel and vertex)...the gf4mx series cards dont support them...even though labelled gf4 they are pumped up gf2s...actually only with dx7 support...dx8=ps 1 dx8.1 support requires ps 1.4 support...dx9a&b=ps2 and dx9.0c=ps3 and the same for vertex shaders...without a card with support for vertex and pixel shadres... no game requiring full dx8 up support will work

godzi_85

In the zone
ya dude if you have a geforce mx which i did too then pa wont run on your sys.. plus pa also does`nt suport intel 845gl onboard chipsets.. trie it o my friend`s pc idnt work...hmm
if you want you can refer to the thread "which game for which config" to clarify your doubts!

OP
R

razorsharp

Right off the assembly line
my config

my config is
p43.2ghs
msi 865p motherbd on boardgrafix card
512 ram
that should work wont it????? :?:

arijit basu

Broken In
check your game on intel 865 chipset graphics compatibility.you may see red against MOHPA.you can always install a new AGP card and all games would run,given your processor and ram

satanlives

Journeyman
medal of honour is a very high end game man ull need a good card to play it something like a ati 9600 or fx 5700 and above to actually just play the games at bear minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom