Not open for further replies.

boyzone100in

Right off the assembly line
I have-
845-G Mercury Motherboard
256 MB Ram
1.7 Ghz
Pen-IV
When I try to install Red Hat linux-Version 9, it gives a message that your computer's Architecture does't support to install Red Hat Linux.
Help me.

H

h4ck3r

Hey me 2...

DO THIS AFTER CHECKING FOR HARDWARE
I have the same config but I have it installed.
Create a partition in ext2 for 5 gb or so and then
create a swap partition using partition magic or
any other disk management software. Now Boot from CD
using the linux boot cd(cd no 1) Press f1 in the boot-up screen
Skip media test, then go on to manually partition using disk druid ,
To create a mount point use "/" after clicking on hda X and then press edit (here X is a no)Now the partition will be formatted in ext2 format
and after the rpm transaction is over the install image will be transferred to your hard drive.
Finally red hat linux will be installed i uer system.. 8)

Correct me if only I am wrong

tuxfan

Technomancer
Install something better than RH9. Its too old now. A few versions have come after that. FC3 (RH12) is expected soon. Or is it already out?

If you want, I have a live distro based on RH9. You can check if that one works. If it does then may be your installation CDs have errors.

busyanuj

In the zone
boyzone100in said:
I have-
845-G Mercury Motherboard
256 MB Ram
1.7 Ghz
Pen-IV
When I try to install Red Hat linux-Version 9, it gives a message that your computer's Architecture does't support to install Red Hat Linux.
Help me.

Redhat 9 is well over a year old, it may not have the drivers for your Mercury motherboard, that's why it isn't installing.

better try to install Knoppix (if you're a beginner) or Fedora Core 3 (if you're used to Linux).

godzi_85

In the zone
hmm.. i`m a beginner....
and i wanna install linux too...

i`m buying a bigger Harddisk.. so will use norton ghost to make a ditto copy of my old hdd on this new one..
and then i wanna create a partition say around 4-8gb for linux...
hmm.. say i have the 4 gb partition created.. then shoudl i just say install say knoppix on that partition.. through winxp.... please help me.. i`m confused!

dadhwalprince

Broken In
Linux

I have-
intel 810 Motherboard
128 MB Ram
550 mhz
Pen-111

and im doing well with all linux distro,,, make sure all ur file system are right, and ur chipset is compatable with ur linux distro ,,, use "ext3"
filesystem...

busyanuj

In the zone
godzi_85 said:
say i have the 4 gb partition created.. then shoudl i just say install say knoppix on that partition.. through winxp.... please help me.. i`m confused!

The September 2004 di9it dvd has the Knoppix distro.
burn the iso file onto a disc.

next, boot from that cd and install Knoppix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom