problem in intelD101GGC chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aone

newbee
"i have Pentium d core2duo and a ATI Xpress200 chipset but every single game is closing the older games like Mafia,Freedom fighetrs are also have this problem."
is this because i have 333mhz 512mb ddr ram.may be this ram doesnt work properly with ATI chipset or with Pentium D..wht type of ram needed to this config.my ram size is 448mb how this hapnd,now my system showing that onboard graphics ram is 128 previously it was 256mb, and Procesor temperature is around 60`celcius, complete guidance requested pls, i am not that expert computer user..

ECE0105

In the zone
DDR 333 is perfectly compatible with D101GGC Mobo.

Go to the BIOS and change the Onboard Video memory and that shud fix problems 1 and 2. RAM shows 448, probably cos u have selected 64MB as the Video memory.

Processor temp of around 55 to 60 deg is quite normal (IMHO)...

Check the drivers of the Mobo and also the resolution.

Me havin the same mobo, but with a P4 2.8 proccy and 1GB (2x512) DDR400 RAM.

kushals

Broken In
hey i have got a complete guidance for you,

Go to the website www.passmark.com and download a tool Performence test 6.1 nw wat u hav to do is run the tool and sit back and hve a cup of coffee u can also hve colddrinks either.after ur drink the results willl be out and u will find the faulty problem of ur machine, believe me it works.

If this solves then send a cup of coffee to me.

ECE0105

In the zone
I don't see how a benchmarking tool helps in changing the Onboard memory size.

Nice and fast tool BTW.... Thanks for the link

kushals

Broken In
ECE0105 said:
I don't see how a benchmarking tool helps in changing the Onboard memory size.

Nice and fast tool BTW.... Thanks for the link

Yes this tool will surely guide u step by step And give ur hardwares scores on the basis of that u can judge ur hardware faults if any.abt the onboard Graphics I dont think that in this motherboard u can config the onboard graphics manually.for Bios U can do one thing that is update

ECE0105

In the zone
Intel 101GGC mobo has an option in the BIOS where you can specify the Onboard Graphics memory. The values are Disabled, 64MB,128MB, and 256MB and a BIOS update is not required for that.

OP
A

Aone

newbee
Aone said:
"i have Pentium d core2duo and a ATI Xpress200 chipset but every single game is closing the older games like Mafia,Freedom fighetrs are also have this problem."
is this because i have 333mhz 512mb ddr ram.may be this ram doesnt work properly with ATI chipset or with Pentium D..wht type of ram needed to this config.my ram size is 448mb how this hapnd,now my system showing that onboard graphics ram is 128 previously it was 256mb, and Procesor temperature is around 60`celcius, complete guidance requested pls, i am not that expert computer user..

Hi its me the problem guy,thanks everybody who replied. now the error is when i play almost every moderngame released from 2004, Microsoft error reporting screen comes up and game closes. i think 512ram is not enough but i get 250mb of free memory rest used by various processes, may be another 512mb stick may do the job,now my core2duo ati xpress chipset supported ram i need..can anybody tell me abt ram like frequency and all. Currently i have 333mhz 512ram.and this closing problem occurs to other programs like IE,winamp,media player etc help me 'i am from mangalore karnataka'

ECE0105

In the zone
Have you tried reinstalling the OS?

Cos, if a M$ Error message comes up, it probably has to do with an issue with Software, rather than HW. And, BTW, do u have a Pentium-D or a Core2Duo?

OP
A

Aone

newbee
ECE0105 said:
Have you tried reinstalling the OS?

Cos, if a M$ Error message comes up, it probably has to do with an issue with Software, rather than HW. And, BTW, do u have a Pentium-D or a Core2Duo?

so i will post in SW troubleshooting section and i have pentium D 2.66Ghz..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom