Printer (only) suggestions for small business - easy to refill

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Hi all

I have a MFD from HP, J1050 which has absolutely atrocious cartridge prices. I've been trying to find a cheaper printing solution (mostly Black and white, but sometimes color)

All I've read about ink tanks tells me that that drying might be an issue and availability of inks might be hard, plus the upfront cost is a factor

I've been trying to find a cartridge based printer that has the least painful refill process. My current HP for example keeps a count and start putting out random prints if it feels you've refilled the printer. Having a cartridge solution means if it dries up or some shit happens I can spend a bit and replace the cartridge.

Essentials
Expected prints per week : 2-3
Budget : About 3-5k
Media - Normal, butter and photo paper

Thanks in advance guys. This should definitely help all of us

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
What do you need the prints for? If the print quality has to be decent then you have no other choice but to replace your cartridge/toner in any replacement-based printer. For printers that come with refillable tanks I don't think any exist within your budget.

If print quality or specs are irrelevant then get a laser printer and buy 3rd party replacement toner.

Also given your lightweight usage, a laser printer will definitely be more reliable than inkjet in the long term.

Oh, and avoid HP at all costs. Their products are all garbage.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Thanks, have already had bad experiences with an HP, but it seems the others are equally bad.

Will bite the bullet and keep replacing cartridges for now

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Yup, lasers are a better system. Unfortunately need color prints from time to time so inkjets are the only option for now

Top Bottom