Printer Not Responding...Plz Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hello Friends!

I have a computer with Pentium II 400 Mhz Prosessor, Intel 810 Chipset Motherboard with a HP Lazerjet 1010 connected via a USB cable.

Everything was fine before I changed my RAM from 128+64 MB to 128+32 MB. After changing the RAM, the computer started smoothly but all of a sudden crashed and restarted automatically. Since then I am having a problem with my printer.

Evertime I try to print, it gives an error called "User Interface Required". When I checked the Device Manager, I found another problem. Under the System Devices category there is something called "CP2101 USB to UART Bridge Controller Art Registry Bus" which has a problem saying "The device is not working properly because Windows cannot find the file (slabvcr.vxd) that loads the driver from the device (Code 8 ).

I tried to find the file in both the Motherboard driver CD and the Printer driver CD, but found none. So at last, I ran the Windows Setup again but all in vain. I even removed the newly installed RAM with the old one, but still no help.

Is there anyone who can help me to come out of this problem. I shall be really obliged.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Try Uninstalling the device from the Device Manager followed by Uninstalling the printer software and a PC restart. The next time Windows loads, instead of installing the software bundled with HP, try installing the device manually by Selecting Advanced in the Find drivers window and give the path of the drivers on the HP Printer Cd to install the device. If all goes well, I guess the device should be up and running.

The new RAM stick wont be a problem mostly.

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
First thing try disconnecting your printer from the system.
Uninstall the printer software and drivers.
Reboot your system.
reconnnect the printer
power it on
install the drivers.
Hav u done this in this in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom