Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
*i.imgur.com/PreaQGB.png
Amidst the scorched sands of ancient Persia, there is a legend spun in an ancient tongue. It speaks of a time borne of blood and ruled by deceit. Drawn to the dark powers of a magic dagger, a young Prince is led to unleash a deadly evil upon a beautiful kingdom.

Originally released in 2003, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time left its mark with players thanks to innovative gameplay, a compelling story and charismatic characters!
Unlock Prince of Persia, the original game from 1989, along your adventure then access it from main menu whenever you want.

*cdn2.unrealengine.com/popr-mockup-prepurchase-en-3500x1972-952002861.jpg
*cdn2.unrealengine.com/taj-scrn-batch3-07-1080-1920x1080-951961473.png
*cdn2.unrealengine.com/taj-scrn-batch1-10-1080-vincent-1920x1080-951961872.png
Source: Epic Games

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Expected these kind of visuals for a remake

*steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/789741942203280817/7E002F41A8068F897FB3202ED4DBE929CB12FD02/

Got this

*pbs.twimg.com/media/Ehk4fpGUcAAGfL2?format=jpg&name=large

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Ubi is experimenting to see if a Remake of SOT will work or not. And it seems no effort is made for the remake.

I love CapCom for making good remakes where you see very good visuals from an old remake coz they do the hard work.

quicky008

Technomancer
The woman who is apparently the "producer" of this game is probably bluffing when she claims that she experiences waves of nostalgia while working on this game-i think she had not even heard of POP:TSOT before joining ubisoft,let alone played it back when it came out.

How do these people manage to get such cushy jobs in big companies is beyond me.

Wish i had taken up commerce instead of CSE in my college years,which would have opened up many avenues for me to get hired as HRs,producers and what not in big MNCs,like this person here.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I hardly remember any girls playing video games back in those days. And obviously not Prince of Persia which is heavily targeted towards male audience.
I don't think she would ever try playing Warrior Within as within the first minute she would be greeted by a butt :lol:
*vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/princeofpersia/images/9/9e/-kaileena.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110105235641&path-prefix=en
*vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/princeofpersia/images/7/73/Shahdee_posing.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080302045627&path-prefix=en

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The woman who is apparently the "producer" of this game is probably bluffing when she claims that she experiences waves of nostalgia while working on this game-i think she had not even heard of POP:TSOT before joining ubisoft,let alone played it back when it came out.

How do these people manage to get such cushy jobs in big companies is beyond me.

Wish i had taken up commerce instead of CSE in my college years,which would have opened up many avenues for me to get hired as HRs,producers and what not in big MNCs,like this person here.
:lol:

quicky008

Technomancer
lol

i bought my first proper video card,a XFX FX 5200 128MB for around Rs 2500 back in 2003 just to be able to play POP:TSOT on my pc-it didn't run on my previous video card back then as that didn't support any kind of pixel or vertex shading.

I dont think there was any need to remake this game in the first place,esp. by such an inexperienced and unskilled developer.

I think ubisoft is deliberately trying to destroy this franchise.They have literally pissed on the collective faces of all POP fans like me,who were waiting eagerly for a decent sequel to POP:Forgotten sands since 2010.

(i didn't even know that ubisoft actually owned a company in India before reading the announcements for this game)

PoP deserved a proper remake, they named it remake but looks more like remaster. FF7 Remake & upcoming Mafia Definitive edition are good examples. With remakes, graphics have to be good along with newly built mechanics as most old gameplay mechanics might not be suitable now.

Top Bottom