Prey Linux Retail Client Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*www.imgx.org/files/27471_ooqmq/Prey_%28Xbox_360%29.jpg​

Prey is a solid shooter, if not an aging one, but it's nevertheless nice to see this port come to fruition. There is no reason that more games can't come to the Linux platform..
Ryan "icculus" Gordon was working to push out the full retail version of the game's binaries. After months of work, he has finally succeeded in bringing the full version of the game to the Linux platform.

In an attempt to keep the entire procedure legal, the full Linux version requires a working CD key and the original CDs or digitally-distributed installation file to get the game up and running. The full single player game is supported and Gordon says that network play is also supported cross-platform with the original PC version.

Screenshot : Prey Screens for PC at GameSpot
Home Page : Prey for Linux information

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Your title is misleading and you have posted in the Open Source section. Is Prey for linux open source?

I came here thinking I'll find a new distro

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
The game is closed source!! its just a linux port :p , still good news for linux users :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Zomg, just two days back I was reading the same linux page for Prey :p and its now released. After playing Dead Space I had some nostalgic feeling about it :p

No wonder it will work well as it uses OpenGL and based on modified Doom 3 engine.

Btw that page is ryan's page, the developer guy :p

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Is this game still available in shops? Anyone knows the cost? I never got a chance to play it when it first came out and I have heard it is a good game.
EDIT: Just saw in nextworld.in tthat this game is for 900 bucks. Isn't this an old game? What's the street price. It's too expensive if it's for 900 bucks, considering that it released 2 1\2 years ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom