Precision M4800 or Alienware 15 ?

OP
S

Siddhartht

Void
What about buy the alienware with the graphics amplifier and attach a suitable card for the purpose of your work applications? idk, just throwing out ideas....

Will not work, Graphics Amplifier uses custom set of drivers speciall tuned for GeForce series.
Anyways, he decided to go with Precision M4800 @158K.

Gokul J

Broken In
Regarding Alienwares, this year, the lower end Alienware 15 ( 970m and i7) seems a great deal compared to what we get here from the likes of MSI and ASUS. I honestly don't think the overpriced tag fits on the new Alienware anymore. Besides Dell isn't ripping us off by giving the i5 965m or the amd r295x here.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Regarding Alienwares, this year, the lower end Alienware 15 ( 970m and i7) seems a great deal compared to what we get here from the likes of MSI and ASUS. I honestly don't think the overpriced tag fits on the new Alienware anymore. Besides Dell isn't ripping us off by giving the i5 965m or the amd r295x here.
*www.zauba.com/import-alienware-15-hs-code.html

I think the one around 70k mark should have 970M. Selling price is 58k extra over that 70k. And you say Dell isn't ripping us off. :(

Gokul J

Broken In
What I meant was, Dell is offering us a much better package when you consider the model retails at 1750 dollars at the states. Comparatively, MSI is offering the GS60 2QE at 1800 dollars in the USA but charging 184000 here and everyone seems nothing but praise it. Whats more is you can haggle for additional couple years ADS as well in case of Alienware. Import sites usually don't represent the true value. If they are to be believed, even Samsung is ripping us off. Galaxy note 4 costs 36k according to Zauba but costs 53k here. Dell ripped us off with the Alienware 14 but honestly not with the base 15. Upgrades are ridiculously expensive though.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If you want better package, you should look for Azom.
MSI India's pricing has amused me since they launched their laptops. Their reason for overpricing is for the "quality" they provide over other brands. :facepalm:

Samsung is always ripping people off in mobile segment, there's no denying that.

Dell should've included 3 years ADP and 3 years international warranty within that 128k and it would've been the best package at that price.

Gokul J

Broken In
Actually, you can get 3 years ADP if you are willing to forgo the flashy headset they give. My friend recently ordered an Alienware 15 with 3 years ADP ( 1 + 2) for 129k . Azom is a new player with not much reviews. Otherwise, I can see they offer the best package. As for Alienware, you can always get a better deal if you call sales instead of ordering online.

Edit: I'm not sure about the international warranty though.

OP
S

Siddhartht

Void
Actually, you can get 3 years ADP if you are willing to forgo the flashy headset they give. My friend recently ordered an Alienware 15 with 3 years ADP ( 1 + 2) for 129k . Azom is a new player with not much reviews. Otherwise, I can see they offer the best package. As for Alienware, you can always get a better deal if you call sales instead of ordering online.

Edit: I'm not sure about the international warranty though.

Any and all Dell ProSupport warranty is international by default. Just one need to transfer the warranty to respective country.

Top Bottom