Pre-GST Sale on Audio Products

There's a pre-GST sale on ALL products listed at proaudiohome.com (official distributor for Swans, Hifiman and several other brands). Good chance to grab audio gear at 10% discounted price. Code: MONSOON10

Just received this email from them:

FLAT 10% Off At proaudiohome.com
Dear Music Lover,

Proaudiohome is happy to announce a flat 10% discount on all products.

We hope that this exclusive offer will make your Monsoon more Musical....:)

Use Code MONSOON10 at checkout and get 10% off on each and every audio product at Proaudiohome.com, be it headphones, speakers, home theaters, amplifiers and so on.

You can redeem the code as many times as you want, until 12 PM JUNE 30th.

This is the last chance to buy your favorite audio gear before GST takes effect and prices go up. Happy Listening! :)

----------------------------------------------------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-------------------------------------------------------

I logged onto proaudiohome.com website and there is no banner notifying visitors about the sale. Looks like the offer was made available only through newsletter to subscribers.

However, I added a random earphone to the cart and applied coupon code and it worked.

So seems legit :)

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
GST on computer parts is supposed to be 18%. Still not sure if the price would increase or decrease after GST.

Seems to me like a great way to boost sales. 10% doesn't seem a very good discount specially on audio equipment where margins are huge.

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

OP
TheProfessor1987

TheProfessor1987

Broken In
GST on computer parts is supposed to be 18%. Still not sure if the price would increase or decrease after GST.

Seems to me like a great way to boost sales. 10% doesn't seem a very good discount specially on audio equipment where margins are huge.

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

According to my understanding,

VAT on speakers (including computer speakers) is 6%. This will go up to 18% GST. So a definite increase of 12%.

Whenever I visit any audio/video store, I usually chat to the owners regarding business. From what I have heard, business has been severely affected by the surge of online sellers and hence margins are pathetic. Demonetization also seems to have played its part.

Online sellers pay a significant cut (often 15%) to e-commerce platforms such as Amazon, Flipkart etc. Plus, they have to price their products low because market is extremely competitive. Returns, replacements and shipping further eat into operating costs. So I am not sure about how high the margins remain after this.

I know that margins are slightly better in very premium products.

So yes, 10% doesn't seem like much, but it is much better than zero percent.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
According to my understanding,

VAT on speakers (including computer speakers) is 6%. This will go up to 18% GST. So a definite increase of 12%.

Whenever I visit any audio/video store, I usually chat to the owners regarding business. From what I have heard, business has been severely affected by the surge of online sellers and hence margins are pathetic. Demonetization also seems to have played its part.

Online sellers pay a significant cut (often 15%) to e-commerce platforms such as Amazon, Flipkart etc. Plus, they have to price their products low because market is extremely competitive. Returns, replacements and shipping further eat into operating costs. So I am not sure about how high the margins remain after this.

I know that margins are slightly better in very premium products.

So yes, 10% doesn't seem like much, but it is much better than zero percent.
If not for that good reply, I would have assumed you to be a spammer judging by the way you are sharing only one post and that website in your posts.
Of course some discount is better to have then none.

OP
TheProfessor1987

TheProfessor1987

Broken In
If not for that good reply, I would have assumed you to be a spammer judging by the way you are sharing only one post and that website in your posts.
Of course some discount is better to have then none.

I believe in giving credit where it is due. I shared the same post in two-three relevant threads - mostly related to Swans speakers as the above mentioned site is the official distributor for Swans brand in India. I am relatively new here so I hope I didn't break any rules.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I believe in giving credit where it is due. I shared the same post in two-three relevant threads - mostly related to Swans speakers as the above mentioned site is the official distributor for Swans brand in India. I am relatively new here so I hope I didn't break any rules.
Posting exact same content again and again in multiple threads and that too with a third party seller links, is surely a sign of spam. And we could have taken against it.
But since you are not a spammer (I assume, since you reply so well), we have given you a pass.

I am sure, you would take care of this next time. We are pretty chill people here, and don't mind some mistakes as along as you realize them. Enjoy the forum. :)

OP
TheProfessor1987

TheProfessor1987

Broken In
Posting exact same content again and again in multiple threads and that too with a third party seller links, is surely a sign of spam. And we could have taken against it.
But since you are not a spammer (I assume, since you reply so well), we have given you a pass.

I am sure, you would take care of this next time. We are pretty chill people here, and don't mind some mistakes as along as you realize them. Enjoy the forum. :)

Thanks, I am enjoying the forum :)

Top Bottom