Powersafe 500w 6-pin pcix connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

k_chrg

Right off the assembly line
Guys,

Anyone using a powersafe 500w. Speaking with some dealers, this is what I could gather.

1. It has dual 12V rails - 24 pin and 8 pin. Not sure what the 8 pin is used for.

2. There is a golden color model and a silver color model with a price difference of Rs. 600. Any idea which is better?

3. There is no powersafe branded smps - it is now VIP

4. The 500w smps has sata connectors but no pcix connector. However there is a 8 pin 12V rail.

Is there a adaptor to convert this to pcix.
Is it an issue if the smps does not have a pcix power connector?

Not sure if all the above details are correct, but has anyone setup a rig recently with powersafe 500w recently? It is around 2500-2800 so is relatively inexpensive and seems value for money.

The rest of my system:
XFX 650i ultra
C2D 4400
Graphics card - mid range (around Rs. 5000) - yet to decide
4 sata/ide devices, 2 pci devices, couple of fans.

For this config is VIP 500w a good choice?

Chirag

shantanu

Technomancer
if you want to use a high end GFz card then worry for the PCie conector.. if you will use a mid range .. like 7600 or 8600, forget about the PCIe connector.. you will only need it if you can go for 7800,7900 or 8800 like cards ? but if you can afford the one with PCIe connector it is always better to have a option !

assasin

Banned
k_chrg said:
1. It has dual 12V rails - 24 pin and 8 pin. Not sure what the 8 pin is used for.

the 8 pin connector is for the newer 8-pin EPS/EATX proccy pwr connector.

OP
K

k_chrg

Right off the assembly line
The XFX 650i ultra has a 4 pin cpu power connector not a 8 pin one.

Does the powersafe 500w also have a 4 pin along with a 8 pin procy connector? or can the 8 pin be split into 2x 4pin connectors?

Has anyone used this smps recently? If there are dual 12v rails can one of them be used for the graphics card?

There seems to be no documentation for this smps :mad:

Thanks!
Chirag

shantanu

Technomancer
there must be two connectors one 8 pin and the other 4 pin.. and if you are so confused then i will recommend you to take your system to a assembler .:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom