Power supply doubts?

shaiban001

Broken In
Hi all,
My smps is not working in iball baby cabinet 306. Now when I went to the shop, they have different values (of Volts/Ampier) on that unit like for +3.3V I have 25A in my current smps but in new ones it is 20A to 26A!!!
There are a lot of other value also eg. +5V/-5V/+12V/-12V/+5VSB/COM/PS-ON/PW-OK.

Shouldn't we expect same values while buying a new smps?

Thanks.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I guess the SMPS' you're having a look at are local desi ones. Still different SMPS' may have different amperage rating; there is nothing which bounds them to provide same current.

There are a lot of other value also eg. +5V/-5V/+12V/-12V/+5VSB/COM/PS-ON/PW-OK.

For different voltage values (on different rails), different output current is there.

OP
S

shaiban001

Broken In
I guess the SMPS' you're having a look at are local desi ones. Still different SMPS' may have different amperage rating; there is nothing which bounds them to provide same current.

For different voltage values (on different rails), different output current is there.

didn't get :(

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I have 25A in my current smps but in new ones it is 20A to 26A!!!

As I said there's no rule that binds different power supply to have same current output. 20A or 26A are the maximum current output supplied by the respective PSUs. Local PSUs never deliver the rated rating, putting components at risk.

Different rails (+5V, +12V) all deliver different values of current. Different rails are connected to components rated likewise.

Read Here.

OP
S

shaiban001

Broken In
As I said there's no rule that binds different power supply to have same current output. 20A or 26A are the maximum current output supplied by the respective PSUs. Local PSUs never deliver the rated rating, putting components at risk.

Different rails (+5V, +12V) all deliver different values of current. Different rails are connected to components rated likewise.

Read Here.

Thanks dashing.
Could you please reply for my PSU selection doubt on the below thread?
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...current-psu-alternative-help.html#post1784912

Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom