power house laptop

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
for the right laptop could go upto 100K

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
none as such , just that i want it to be robust , nothing fancy
i dont want to attract attention . i would prefer a chunky slab.
and no finger print magnets

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: thinkpad (a lil skeptical with the lenovo takeover) , xps
b. Dislike: Samsung (i will not consider a Samsung )

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
a) programming , development studios , vmware (lots of multitasking + nice keyboard +display)
b) HD movies downloading and viewing (would prefer FULL HD)
c) i use my desktop for more than 10 hours , and the laptop will be the replacement
d) i used to game a lot , not so much these days , but i do occasionally play a game (need a dedicated card)

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
a) i would prefer something not too big , say about 14" -15"
b) would definitely prefer matte

6) other specs
processor : INTEL i7 quad core (am done with amd :\)
graphics : dedicated NVIDIA
RAM : 8GB (or more, or atleast with option to add more)

7) Anything else you would like to say?
i go berserk when my computer malfunctions , this being a desktop i can rip it up and fix it myself , and i do so at the earliest. i need my computer for everything i do . ebooks , music , programs , papers , projects everything . what i am trying to stress is this - i need something that can take a fair amount of manhandling and still work like a horse , 24x7 .
and in case it does go broke , i need the after sales to take care of it prompt.

i do understand , i am demanding too much of you guys , but i cant stress enough how worried i am to have to leave home with just a laptop . and yes i wont be buying till JUNE 2013.

8) systems i am considering :
lenovo thinkpad w530 , but its stretching my budget a lil , so i am thinking about t530
i like ideapad y500 , but the faulty touchpad and the flashy design is putting me off for now

$hadow

Geek in making
Well lenovo y500 has done with all the problem so now there is no problem with touch pad.
Here is my suggestion for you get lenovo y500
Add another 8gb ram and add a 16gb ssd and your laptop will be rocking since the fhd display is fab on y500. And regarding gaming sli does make some solid impact when it comes to gaming and you can save some bucks as well. But just one thing is that there will be no battery life more than 3.5 hrs.

OP
D

daemonix

blitz
Well lenovo y500 has done with all the problem so now there is no problem with touch pad.
Here is my suggestion for you get lenovo y500
Add another 8gb ram and add a 16gb ssd and your laptop will be rocking since the fhd display is fab on y500. And regarding gaming sli does make some solid impact when it comes to gaming and you can save some bucks as well. But just one thing is that there will be no battery life more than 3.5 hrs.

see the issue with y500 is i dunno if it can take that much of ruthless usage as the thinkpad will ease through , and it looks too sleek ..

and about the extra ram and ssd , there is no option online to configure it , so how do i go on about it ?..

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
see the issue with y500 is i dunno if it can take that much of ruthless usage as the thinkpad with ease through , and it looks too sleek ..

and about the extra ram and ssd , there is no option online to configure it , so how do i go on about it ?..

Well regarding touch pad it is fine you can trust me and the sw update has made it better. Regarding ram and ssd you got to do it by yourself only.

Top Bottom