Post your latest Purchase

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
And yes shifting from a 17 to 22 is strange feeling. It was like woa!. But now 22 also seems small to me :-D. U will also get used to it.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@Arijit, You have purchased a monster rig. Many Congrats.
@Jas, Thanks. Yes, you are absolutely right. When I moved from 17 to 22 about 3 years back, I was just looking and looking at the monitor. My parents said, You've wasted money again by buying another LCD TV! :)) But now the 22'' really seems small :(

S_V

In the zone
And yes shifting from a 17 to 22 is strange feeling. It was like woa!. But now 22 also seems small to me :-D. U will also get used to it.

Fortunately my Viewsonic 24inch feels Bigger :shock: even now after 1.5 Years... .. :p

Maybe in my office ,we use 19-22 only .so basically when i come back to my room i feel it's large monitor.....

Recently I downloaded these two FULL HD BLUE-RAY prints which are not RIPS..(Look at that staggering file size's)

WOW :shock: my monitor is freakin awesome in producing stunning colors which i never knew it's capable like that...

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/HD.png

Harry Potter all series total of 146GB downloading......

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Ithehappy yup my parents also said u are wasting money by going for 22. Get a 19 and it will suffice :-D. But now a gpu is my necessity.

Sv its because that only. When i visit my dad's office and after seeing the 19" LGs and his 16" lappy mine also seems big. But long time at home it feels small :-D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Skud,vickybat,ithehappy,Jaskanwar Singh thanx

Well i dnt have the app/tool to test the monitor. :???:

Only what my eyes have seen i m telling u.

I dnt have 1080p collection.But tested a 1280*720p trailer
& man it was crystal clear.amazing contrast ratio & crystal clear video no single pixellation was there.though i had tested the same video in my old CRT but
after looking @LED i can c the difference between the two.:-D

Also HDMI connection has no hassles just plug & play unlike DVI where u have to roll the screws.....

Tested Prince of Persia 2008 & it was eyecandy to play it on LED than CRT.
though i m playing it on 1080p but still the game screen has not covered the full size of the screen dnt know y.a rectangulat black border is there

will test crysis soon.

i have a query

Q:when i 1st booted the machine the screen area was 75% instead of 100%
same in POST screen & boot loading.But it made to fit 100% by using the catalyst scaling option.But now when i boot the pc i can dat only 75% screen is filled in POST screen & windows 7 boot loading screen cant i make it 100%?

Thanks buddy for posting the feedback. And yes, monitor is one thing where i rely more on user feedback rather than any benchmark tool. Please post your experience with Crysis also.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@S_V: 28GB of AVatar & 47GB of Despicable me.....how much time it took 2 complete those downloads & @wat speed?u r PC is not feelin sleepy i guess...

S_V

In the zone
@karan

My speed was 4mbps.. For avatar it took 1 and half day.. and Despicable me it took around 3 days at avg 490kbps.. I never use this main system for downloads.. I use my second system for 24/7 downloading....

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well it depends on your ISP's connection, don't know about Sunil's but with my RS premium I download almost 6-7 GB per day, some times when I have no work it exceeds 8 GB. I only have The Godfather series in Full HD, total about 70 GB, which I still remember took over a week to download.
Mine is 2 mbps Unlimited.

arijit_2404

still find time for games
@ithehappy

it is a monster rig. I'm more than satisfied with current system. Planning to keep this one for long time to come. Might crossfire with another HD5770 and add one 24" LCD later this year.

today I played GTA-IV for 4 hours. It's an awesome experience than my previous HD4850 experience.

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!

@Jas, Thanks. Yes, you are absolutely right. When I moved from 17 to 22 about 3 years back, I was just looking and looking at the monitor. My parents said, You've wasted money again by buying another LCD TV! :)) But now the 22'' really seems small :(

Well, amateur astronomers are susceptible to an ailment known as "Two inchitis", meaning that any self-respecting member of that breed always craves for a telescope with may be just two more inches larger aperture than the one he/she has, and believes that he/she could observe all celestial objects worth observing if his/her 'scope was just that much larger in aperture! Hmm friends, sorry to admit that as an amateur astronomer I contracted that ailment years ago and carried that over to my other hobby, computing, so far as the size of the monitor is concerned. Now I see you guys have caught the bug too, and it is satisfying to know that I have company!
I also have a similar problem concerning the system memory of my computer, and I always long for MORE, but then that is another story!

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@ithehappy

it is a monster rig. I'm more than satisfied with current system. Planning to keep this one for long time to come. Might crossfire with another HD5770 and add one 24" LCD later this year.

today I played GTA-IV for 4 hours. It's an awesome experience than my previous HD4850 experience.
You should be and it's a 6C proccy which I think you won't need to update in next 4-5 years at least. Enjoy it. :)

Zangetsu

@karan

My speed was 4mbps.. For avatar it took 1 and half day.. and Despicable me it took around 3 days at avg 490kbps.. I never use this main system for downloads.. I use my second system for 24/7 downloading....
was 4mbps so now u dnt have dat speed or what....& u also have main system for DL..Btw which ISP u use ryt now? & how much u pay/permonth for unlimited connection.:mrgreen:

S_V

In the zone
no no typo mistake... i am using same connection now...

it's 1500 per month with FUP 75GB after that it's 1mbps till end of the month.. It's shame in the name of unlimited connection they keep this FUP....

I use this system(my second system) for 24/7 downloads....

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/1-2.jpg

ajayritik

Technomancer

Hi, Since I'm also from Hyd maybe we should meet some day to share the movies you have.
You didn't mention the ISP. From FUP I assume its Airtel.
Where in Hyd?

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Bought Dell 2420L from Bangalore .. Price 12075...

Purpose: Work on Flash and Web Design...

Other Consideration: U2311 (No HDMI)

I wanted HDMI output as i am attaching this to my laptop so was unable to go for the ultrasharp model.

I am also buying a Alienware with 460M 1.5gb and want to attach this to the monitor and play games and work. Do you think I will be able to play games at highest settings and AA turned on...

View attachment 4128

View attachment 4129

Zangetsu

@ajayashish: congrats nice monitor.is it clicked frm mobile cam.& Btw which is the DVD lying over keyboard in 1st image :)) ?

i think u shud check the screws under ur table(u r using for Placing the monitor) coz
my uncle had this kind of table & it was thrashed down when an overweight was kept on it.but thanx the desktop was not scratched.

@S_V: is the plan ur using frm BSNL available in mumbai.if yes cud u just give me the details like installation charge or any other hidden charge & 75GB is enuf for me :)

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
^^ Yes this has been clicked from Mobile... and the its a movie DVD which I am planning to see today...

Well the DESK is fine... Its foldable table and its quite strong. Will replace it with a new table in a months time...

S_V

In the zone
@ajayritik @Karan,,

I am using BEAM tele broadband. FUP is quite common with ISP except BSNL and not limited to only Airtel.

Karan,

i don't know whether you have Beam Broadband there or not.. It's very cheap and very good Service.... I have been using it for last 7 months and very few issues are there. After 75GB , speed reduces to 1mbps and can download unlimited at speed of 1mbps which is very good i say compared Stupid TATA BROADBAND where they will harass to upgrade your plan or will ask you to STOP using internet.