Post your latest Purchase

bubusam13

Human
Bought TP Link Archer A6 for ₹2499/- Amazon.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200821/5ad92a6e940502b316ae849e01952f30.jpg

I purchased this during lockdown in May when WFH started. And I regret buying this.
I had a 100mbps Dlink before this. This TPLink signal strength is very weak. Also the boot time is very high. It takes about 2 mins to properly start.

It does not have simple feature like bandwidth control that even a below Rs1000 router have. I can't limit any particular client. The android app is a joke. For advanced features, you need to login to the web-GUI anyway.

I thought of putting a custom firmware to increase its range and put the missing features but it's memory is very low. It is not supported by dd-wrt.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I purchased this during lockdown in May when WFH started. And I regret buying this.
I had a 100mbps Dlink before this. This TPLink signal strength is very weak. Also the boot time is very high. It takes about 2 mins to properly start.

It does not have simple feature like bandwidth control that even a below Rs1000 router have. I can't limit any particular client. The android app is a joke. For advanced features, you need to login to the web-GUI anyway.

I thought of putting a custom firmware to increase its range and put the missing features but it's memory is very low. It is not supported by dd-wrt.
Weak signal strength on 2.4GHz band while placed in same location as earlier Dlink?

My latest purchase is Visual Studio Enterprise subscription :D
How much it cost?

bubusam13

Human
Weak signal strength on 2.4GHz band while placed in same location as earlier Dlink?

How much it cost?

Yes signal is much weaker than the Dlink in 2.4Ghz. Dont even count 5ghz. It cant even penetrate one wall without drops, much noticeable in a Teams call. Searching for a bakra to whom I can resell this :p

I blindly choose this router because I found a famous you-tuber's positive review on it.

Subscription cost
1599739481642.png

bubusam13

Human
My latest purchase is three Digit Magazines(June+July+August) hard copies from the Website. Received it today. Thank you @digit for the fast shipment.

I used to read digit back in engineering days. I was always very excited back then, specially for the hidden surprises in the DVDs. Seems nothing have changed even now except my laptop does not have a DVD player anymore.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes signal is much weaker than the Dlink in 2.4Ghz. Dont even count 5ghz. It cant even penetrate one wall without drops, much noticeable in a Teams call. Searching for a bakra to whom I can resell this :p

I blindly choose this router because I found a famous you-tuber's positive review on it.

Subscription cost
View attachment 19512
I think there is some issue with your purchased unit as it should not be that bad even assuming worst case scenario(I am using archer C20).

Also are you really spending 18k/month or 4.4 lakh/year on a subscription in which case why are you even buying a 3-4k router. :)

shreeux

Movie Buff
My latest purchase is three Digit Magazines(June+July+August) hard copies from the Website. Received it today. Thank you @digit for the fast shipment.

I used to read digit back in engineering days. I was always very excited back then, specially for the hidden surprises in the DVDs. Seems nothing have changed even now. But that my laptop does not have a DVD player anymore.

Hope in the future they may change to a USB drive or Cloud.,

Top Bottom