Portable and powerful PC

bishbashboss

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I'm trying to build a PC which is powerful yet very compact in size in order to make it portable. (Consider Mac Mini as an example). I should be able to put the CPU in the backpack and move it around.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Software development. Not going to run any games on it. Applications - Android studio, Android simulator and VS code. Please note that there will be a lot of backend processes running in the background so RAM and CPU must be powerful.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40,000. (+/- 2500)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Ubuntu 19.04

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: For the most part my data is going to be on the cloud so I would require 120gb SSD just for the OS and some applications.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: I already have 24inch and 15inch full HD monitors.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Reusing monitors. Also, I don't think I would need a GPU.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In a week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will assemble on my own.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Pune. Buying stuff online unless anyone could suggest a cheaper local alternative.

OP
B

bishbashboss

Right off the assembly line
Difficult to suggest mini-itx build in this budget because of price of components involved.

This is what I have in mind.

ASUS PRIME-B450M-K AMD AM4 mATX - 6.5k
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G - 11.5k
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 3000Mhz * 2 - 8K (4k each)
WD Green SSD 120GB - 1.7k
The total seems to be about - 28k

What I'm struggling with is case and PSU. I have 12k in hand for both. However, I'm not finding anything decent online.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I don't consider 2400G to be powerful enough for your use. Nobody should buy quad core CPUs above 10k. Crucial MX500 (and Kingston A400) 250GB is better than WD Green ssd. mATX builds are still not that portable compared to an mini-ITX build.

Top Bottom