Poco F1 lagging a lot

setanjan123

In the zone
Hi, I have a POCO F1 that is slightly over 3 years old at this point. For the past 1 year or so the phone has been lagging and freezing a lot of the time, doesn't matter which app. I have considered installing a custom ROM but I have lots of apps installed and the prospect of reinstalling everything puts me off from the whole thing. Just fed up of the phone at this point and considering buying a new one. Is there anything I can do without wiping all data that can help?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
If you're thinking about getting a new one, eventually you will have to install of those apps you have right now in the new phone as well, right? In that case, why not give custom ROM a try before getting a new one. You may even like it.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
If you're thinking about getting a new one, eventually you will have to install of those apps you have right now in the new phone as well, right? In that case, why not give custom ROM a try before getting a new one. You may even like it.
Yeah but I figured if I am getting a new one then might as well do it just once :razz:

Reset the OS is one way, if still its lagging, change battery. Weaker battery might not be able to provide enough voltage for the CPU to run at high performance, even momentarily.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
No worthy contender for POCO F1.
Better wait for POCO F5 pricing or try custom rom.

Try debloating your poco f1.
MIUI 12+ os updates may be causing this.
(Similar lagging issue for brother's poco f1 device)

Check out this link for POCO F1 collection, guides.
*forum.xda-developers.com/t/poco-f1-ultimate-collection-guides.4192715/

Try backing up using
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.swiftapps.swiftbackup
You need a shizuku app too with the above Swift backup.
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=moe.shizuku.privileged.api

If you had poco f1 rooted or at least bootloader unlocked then it was easy to backup all apps and app's data with Migrate NG app.
*forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-root-5-0-1st-nov-2020-migrate-custom-rom-migration-tool.3862763/

Last edited:
OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
Well guys something really stupid happened. I restarted the phone and it asked for a Pin before starting Android. I tried entering my lockscreen pin but it didn't accept. I tried many different combinations nothing worked. I ended up having to wipe the phone :wah::wah: . Lost a lot of stuff. But I think it's smoother now at least. Not sure why it didn't accept the pin. I have entered it lots of times. Either there was some issue or I had a brain fart and ended up entering the wrong pin everytime.

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
If you are starting afresh, you can very well unlock it, install a custom ROM and make the most use of it. :)

Last edited:

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Well guys something really stupid happened. I restarted the phone and it asked for a Pin before starting Android. I tried entering my lockscreen pin but it didn't accept. I tried many different combinations nothing worked. I ended up having to wipe the phone :wah::wah: . Lost a lot of stuff. But I think it's smoother now at least. Not sure why it didn't accept the pin. I have entered it lots of times. Either there was some issue or I had a brain fart and ended up entering the wrong pin everytime.
Encrypted device.

Top Bottom