Plz Help me in upgrading my PC!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasukibk_bangalore

Right off the assembly line
Hi everyone,

Myself Vasuki B.K. an engineering student from Bangalore. I am having some trouble in upgrading my PC. The current PC i am having is a Branded one with the following configuration:

Processor: Intel P4 1.5Ghz MPGA-478
Motherboard: Asus P4B-M Board on I845 chipset.
Ram: 512 x 1 + 256 x1 = 768 MB of PC 133 SDRAM

1. I need a configuration that can give beautiful response to realtime signal processing on MATLAB & ELECTRONIC WORKBENCH SOFTWARES & a bit of todays Games. My current Budget for a new Upgrade is around 12~16K (for Motherboard , Processor & preferably 512 RAM on Dual channel config). Please suggest some really good performance motherboard with connectivity for latest peripherals on board. I donot want ot invest for a seperate AGP or a PCIe graphics Card.

2. How is the choice of P4 LGA775 @ 2.8GHz on ASUS P5LD2-VM(I945G) with 512 Dual Channnel?

3. Also plz give me details if any of the shops you know at Bangalore who sell the products & dealers who can give me a exchange of my old components to the new ones.

4. Any other things like SMPS vagera vagera needed to be upgraded???

Wating eagerly to ur replies

Vasuki B.K.

phatratt

In the zone
@Vasu, P4 LGA775 @ 2.8GHz on ASUS P5LD2-VM(I945G) with 512 Dual Channnel is pretty good.Since u have given gaming as u'r priority look at AMD config which gives similar performance u will save some money.S.P.Road is the place to get all your Pc needs and most of shops are ready to exchange your old PC and buy a new one.But,they quote a very low price,so its better sell to someone among your friends and anyone else.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i would suggest goin for

AMD athlon64 3200+ - 7.5k
ASUS a8n-e mobo - 5.5k
512*2 mb RAM (DDR 400) - 4k
XFX geforce 6600 - 256mb - 6k

if wanna a cheaper alternative with onboard graphics go for
MSI rs480m2-il - 4.5k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom