plz decide my lappy

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddragon

In the zone
t :twisted: I am looking to buy a laptop .

8)

well price is NOT the very big issue ...but I want my LAPTOP must give me a great constant performance, so it must consume very less power so that it can run long at least 3 hrs minimum after a full charge .
CRITERIA::
I want it small....so 14inch would be enough .

I love linux.....so I dont want to make BG's bank balance higher

512 or more RAM .(I have to run App-server e.g SUNONE)

I just try the games given byDIGIT ...so I am not a die-hard gamer .

I dont do CAD cam .

Better if it is future proof.

PREVIOUSLY I recomended some of my friends about DELL but what happened is my GF got job in DELL and there she got another
:evil: and kicked me out and I joined FOSLA .so better dont recomend DELL .

I heard TOSHIBA is good....I love ACER also well I dont know the price of Ferarri 3200 or 4000 .

So suggest me which LAPTOP to buy..........I will buy in NOV .

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Well reddragon post ur queries here

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22082&highlight=

I love linux.....so I dont want to make BG's bank balance higher

Good but how will ya play digit games on Linux ? May be u can play only linux games....

PREVIOUSLY I recomended some of my friends about DELL but what happened is my GF got job in DELL and there she got another
... and kicked me out and I joined FOSLA .so better dont recomend DELL .

Hahahaha :lol: after very long time i read word FOSLA. (Frustrated One sided lover association)......dont worry mate.. ladki train bus ....ke peeche bhaagte nahin hai ..ek gayi to doosri aati hai...lekin kab aati hai kisi ko bhi nahin pata ;)

So suggest me which LAPTOP to buy..........I will buy in NOV

i recommend u look at notebookbazaar.com......and if possible kisi se US se mangwa lo ..that wud be better.......and cheap...

hope this all helps
Sumit

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
You won't buy Dell just because your girlfriend found another guy while working there? That's absurd mate. Dell gives the best deals on computers so I would recommend Dell. Acer is also good but in my opinion, Dell is much better. Yes, Toshiba and Sony are good - but they are also expensive. You can get the same configuration for less from other manufacturers. The Ferrari would probably set you back by around 90k. And most of these laptops come with Windows XP so you will need to install Linux on your own.

Sourabh

Laptoping
These are the prices of some of the laptops having features that might suit your needs.

Toshiba Tecra S2 based on Centrino and Go6600 for near about 74k.
Acer 4601 with a 1.6Ghz Pentium M and x700 with 64MB graphics memory for near about 68k
Acer Ferrari 4000 as said by Nemesis would set you back by a sum of 96k

These by default come with 256MB of System memory so you would have to ask for another stick when u buy the laptop which would cost your around 5.5-6k while purchasing along with the laptop. If you upgrade RAM lateron from the company they are bound to charge you more.

For the features of these laptops you can google or check the official websites. Dont remember the Toshiba Url exactly mebbe www.hclnotebooks.com/ but the Acer is www.acer.co.in

OP
R

reddragon

In the zone
friends I am confused ,,,yes there r so many options to choose and I have to take only 1 .......and I cannot rollback OK ?

look here I have options among >>

1. acer
2.dell
3.MSI
4.IBM
5.toshiba
6.hp
7.sony

ok? yes NEMESIS u r right in ur point ....so u see I have included ur fav band . So now tell me some best recomended laptops in these companies . I want model numbers with price .

I WANT TO KNOW THE BEST LAPTOPS FOR DIFFERENT COMPANIES .

PLZ DO IT :?:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
If price is not an issue, get the Dell 9300. For around 80-85k, you should get a good config. You will need to call them up and get price quotes. The Dell Inspiron 6000 is another good option. If you want Acer, then you can get the Ferrari 3200/3400/4000 or one of higher-end TravelMate laptops. Forget MSI. Toshiba and Sony are unjustifiably expensive. Will have to look up HP and IBM although IBM is often quite expensive too.

OP
R

reddragon

In the zone
:roll: well why I should forget MSI ? although still date I havent seen anyone using a MSI but DIGIT keeps a MSI model( I for got the exact number maybe 510 or so) in its A list ................. :x :p anyway whats the price of Aspire 3002 Series and Ferrari 3200/3400/4000 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom