Plezzzee Help Me Regarding Shared Video Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Well I have a problem. I am always attracted by facinating games. I wanted to test that Evil Genies in the last Digit CD. But the problem is that I have a 4MB Video memory and the game asks 16MB. My friend says that his RAM and Video memory is shared. Can I also take some RAM memory and allocate it for Video memory. I have a 128+256 MB SD Ram and a Petium III. The video card info is show in the screenshot

*tinypic.com/eelaa

theraven

Technomancer
hmmmmmm
hmmmmmmmm
well try doing this
when u boot .. press del and enter ur BIOS settings
there .. somewhere ... look for graphics aperture size and increase it to 64 mb if its not already
if this doesnt work .. nuthin else will
ofcourse u can get a new graphics card :D

theraven

Technomancer
dude its gonna work if u have the option for agp aperture size in ur BIOS
if not then u cant do anythign abt it

ice

In the zone
If u have an intel gfx card, dload its drivers,

mine from 4mb went to 32 mb :D

from 20fps in CS i got 60fps.. That was my old pc.

technoteen

Journeyman
m8
your friend must be having a onboard video card (generally without agp)
the onboard card shares memory from ram by default. you can increase the shared memory to a mxamum of 64mb depending on your ram, btw your ram can fetch you 64mb shared memory

ice

In the zone
Dude this is the intel 82810e, dont know why i missed it, i had it 2-4 months back

Just get the drivers fromintel, they make the card work like a 32 mb card and make it support/emulate opengl TOo.

OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
ice said:
If u have an intel gfx card, dload its drivers,

mine from 4mb went to 32 mb :D

from 20fps in CS i got 60fps.. That was my old pc.

How did u did it?? Plz tell me. Mine is 4Mb and when i went for BIOS there is no option for Video Apreture size or something like that :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom