Please Suggest a Second Monitor to my Setup

giprabu

In the zone
Hi Guys..

I'm currently using GW2270-VA 22" FHD monitor.

My major usage is for Gaming, Movies and Coding. I'm now very much attracted to the Curved monitors and would like to upgrade my AV experience.

I have shortlisted : "LG Ultragear 86.6 cm (34-inch) G-Sync Compatible Curved Ultrawide, 1ms, 144Hz, HDR 10, IPS Gaming Monitor with Height Adjust Stand, HDMI x 2, Display Port - 34GL750-B (Black)" for 35k from Amazon.in

1. Budget? Max 40k, including monitor stand (for dual monitor setup)
2. Display type and size? Curved monitors (ultra wide) with 32" or above - WQHD resolution would be most welcomed.
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily? - Gaming, Videos, Coding
4. Types and number of ports required? - Display port, HDMI (1 each will be sufficient i guess)
5. Preferred choice of brand? (LG, Samsung, Benq, Acer, Asus, Dell)
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
LG Ultragear 86.6 cm (34-inch) G-Sync Compatible Curved Ultrawide, 1ms, 144Hz, HDR 10, IPS Gaming Monitor with Height Adjust Stand, HDMI x 2, Display Port - 34GL750-B (Black)
7. Any other info that you want to share.
I'm going to use my existing monitor also. (Dual monitor setup)
Open to suggestions - to take flat screen monitors - 39" (ultra wide) with higher resolutions but sacrifice on response time upto 5-7 ms.

My Rig:
Proc: G4560
Mobo: ASROCK H110M HDV R3.0
Gfx: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 570 4GD5
RAM: Kingston 16 GB DDR4 1333Mhz

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Just a heads up, your RX570 won't be able to keep up with 144Hz monitor. Consider to upgrade GPU.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
Whaat :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I was dreaming to have one. Now, it breaks my heart.

Which is more resource hungry ? (144hz refresh rate or the resolution 2560x1080). I can't shell out any more on my gfx card. pls do suggest any alternative to have an upgraded AV experience from my current level.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Both refresh rate and resolution are hard for RX570, especially refresh rates. Why don't you settle with normal 60/75Hz ultrawide monitors?
Something like LG 29 (73.66cm) UltraWide™ Full HD HDR IPS Monitor. Now see wider and do more, seamlessly while you work from home. Expand the way you work with the LG UltraWide Monitor. : buy online | LG India
Please mention the games you play and want to play, then other members can suggest which monitor will suit you and be affordable.

Assuming you play games like Assasin Creed or Horizon Zero Dawn and mid or low settings. With RX570 hitting 75HHz might be challenging based on games so stick with your current setup, save money. To play at 144Hz 1080p Ultrawide, a GPU like 2060S or 3060 will be suitable. And these cards comes at a price around 40K, as per current market horrible pricing. Wait for at least 6 months for GPU market to settle down. Once you think you have enough money, go with GPU and monitor together. Also, 29" should be max resolution for 1080p ultra wide;1440p is the right resolution for 34". Check the market trend for these components and decide how you want to spend your money.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
In such case, I won't be able to have a dedicated 43/55" 4K TV also for Movie/Gaming right ??

Am I doomed here ? :cry:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
4K TV is good with RX570, as long as you are not gaming. Why don't you list the games after which we can suggest.
Say if you play game like CS GO, then its possible RX570 is decent card even for that ultrawide at 75z. 144Hz might be difficult.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
4K TV is good with RX570, as long as you are not gaming. Why don't you list the games after which we can suggest.
Say if you play game like CS GO, then its possible RX570 is decent card even for that ultrawide at 75z. 144Hz might be difficult.

Far Cry 4, 6
Battlefield
GTA 5

TheSloth

The Slowest One
At 2560x1080, you should get around 50-60 fps at mid graphics settings in FarCry and Battlefield. So getting 60 or 75Hz monitor makes sense now. My suggestion is to stick to your current 60Hz panel. Upgrade monitor and GPU together once you have the money for both.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
Hi, thanks for your suggestions. I was thinking over it for the last two days.

Since my objective is to upgrade my movie n gaming visual experience, can I better buy a budget home projector ?

*www.amazon.in/dp/B088Z1YWBC/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_fabc_K5B4M1C1H8KVMYXWYDZ4

This looks interesting. What's your opinion...

If you really fancy an ultrawide, get one. Its an investment for now which you won't be able to properly utilize as your rig is not great for normal 1080p 144Hz gaming & this is a higher resolution. CPU bottleneck is hard at high fps. 1440p 144Hz ultrawide costs a lot more.

You might be able to play esports titles like CS GO & Valorant at full resolution at 144fps or more, not sure because of G4560. Even normal 1080p high 60fps is kind of tough for RX570 for new games, 1080p+ resolution will be even harder.

My personal choice for that budget will be a 16:9 1440p 144Hz monitor, but that's also way overkill for your rig. Get a new rig in future. If you don't have plans for a big upgrade in a year or two (like R5/i5 + 3060Ti or similar), better save money on monitor & get 1080p ultrawide 75Hz ones with freesync & DP port.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hi, thanks for your suggestions. I was thinking over it for the last two days.

Since my objective is to upgrade my movie n gaming visual experience, can I better buy a budget home projector ?

*www.amazon.in/dp/B088Z1YWBC/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_fabc_K5B4M1C1H8KVMYXWYDZ4

This looks interesting. What's your opinion...
I do not know about projectors actually so can't really suggest anything. Sorry.

Top Bottom