Please suggest a replacement for my 8600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaybc

Youngling
Hi,
My XFX 8600GT got fried recently.It was under warranty period.I gave it to Rashi Peripherals Cochin for servicing.They said a replacement has been sanctioned.
But the problem is that 8600GT is not availble on stock and they cant replace it.They said they can give some other card instead of it.Mine had 256MB DDR3 memory.And there is no other card with DDR3 memory as less as 256MB.And I dont want to settle for DDR2.
I asked for 9600GT :D but they said due to the price difference that it is not acceptable.Iam willing to shell a max of 1000rs extra.
Please suggest a card equivalent or better than 8600GT meeting these requirements.
And I also dont think they will give me cards from vendors other than XFX.
Also is ATI HD4350 good?

official

In the zone
if you are not a fanboy go for ati cards they are good and cheap. HD4350 is equal to 8500gt, dont buy that. With that price factor go for 9500gt ddr3 or hd 4650, if you can manage.
9500gt is slightly faster than 8600 and if you get the ddr3 version of hd 4650 than its better than 95 one. See if you can squeeze it out.
REMEMBER dont go anything below the suggestion and NO ddr2, you wont be able to game properly. :)

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
Sorry guys.Bull$hit happened.Today evening they called and said 8600GT is available and i can take it.I will receive it tomorrow.:(
Anyway thanks for your suggestion.

otpsurvive

Broken In
I’d suggest shelling out another 1k that you’ve got and getting the ATI Radeon HD4650 or even the HD4670. It makes the best VFM and provides great performance. No point getting the same card again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom