Please suggest a Mobile Phone in the range of 20K ?

James_Bond

Right off the assembly line
And the reason being ?
UI & Functionalities

1. You Cannot Lock More Than 5 Apps
  2. Only Clone Selected Apps Ex: Zomato, Swiggy, Whatsapp Etc. (Pre Defined By Realme)
  3. App Lock Issue: If you locked an app by App Lock for example GPay - So if payment collect notification arrives, It'll not show, Only notification with lock icon and app type will show up, so you'll be notified that Gpay some notification but from who or for what nothing will show up, also if you click on it it'll take to you direct into app not that particular task. (I reported this to realme and found people already pissed off by this issue from past 2 years, reported and got nothing, mean no update) this happens on both case scenarios locked & unlocked phone both cases

James_Bond

Right off the assembly line
Saying all this, because I purchased Realme X7 MAX 5G 12/256 to break Mi/Redmi Fever, and now stuck with all these issues, the issues I reported are not available in Redmi/Mi/Xiaomi Phones

Last edited:
UI & Functionalities

1. You Cannot Lock More Than 5 Apps
  2. Only Clone Selected Apps Ex: Zomato, Swiggy, Whatsapp Etc. (Pre Defined By Realme)
  3. App Lock Issue: If you locked an app by App Lock for example GPay - So if payment collect notification arrives, It'll not show, Only notification with lock icon and app type will show up, so you'll be notified that Gpay some notification but from who or for what nothing will show up, also if you click on it it'll take to you direct into app not that particular task. (I reported this to realme and found people already pissed off by this issue from past 2 years, reported and got nothing, mean no update) this happens on both case scenarios locked & unlocked phone both cases
1 is a feature limitation but stock android entirely lacks this feature. Samsung has a secure folder where you can just install whatever you want, but will be in a different space or kind of like user profile.

2 - ok-ish IMO

3 - GPay & many bank apps do ask for authorisation, including ability to use fingerprint. Don't see why they need to be used with app lock.

I use a 3rd party app for app lock as I don't want to keep apps in a separate space like secure folder. Try AppLock from SpSoft, has ads in free version. I use a custom DNS which actually makes some ad spots look blank (not as effective as methods used post rooting or running a VPN with adblocker).

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
Exactly almost one and half years back when I had asked for suggestions on a budget phone almost in the same range with the same features, I was overwhelmingly suggested Redmi Note 10 Pro Max surprisingly none of you guys are ever saying a word about Redmi Note 11 Pro Plus ? is it not a good choice ? sleek body, 1200 NITS Peak Brightness (Almost what iPhone offer) 120 Hz Super Amoled Display. Comes with Android 11 out of the box but I am sure you can upgrade it ?

Can this phone not be amongst the shortlisted list of phones for me ?

Exactly almost one and half years back when I had asked for suggestions on a budget phone almost in the same range with the same features, I was overwhelmingly suggested Redmi Note 10 Pro Max surprisingly none of you guys are ever saying a word about Redmi Note 11 Pro Plus ? is it not a good choice ? sleek body, 1200 NITS Peak Brightness (Almost what iPhone offer) 120 Hz Super Amoled Display. Comes with Android 11 out of the box but I am sure you can upgrade it ?

Can this phone not be amongst the shortlisted list of phones for me ?
Xiaomi & Moto are considered worst among big companies for android updates. So a phone running android 11 out of box is not good. They give like 1 OS update to sub 20k phones, I think. Xiaomi provides MIUI updates w/o android OS bump up but is slow in terms of update release cycle.

So android 11 phone now, not so good. Xiaomi is many times not having the best VFM phone for a price segment, surely better than Samsung A series, oppo or vivo phones. Many times it is Realme, iQoo or Moto.

So I will stick to my recommendations. You can do your research & if you like that phone, buy it. Some people might want a super fast charging.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
Xiaomi & Moto are considered worst among big companies for android updates. So a phone running android 11 out of box is not good. They give like 1 OS update to sub 20k phones, I think. Xiaomi provides MIUI updates w/o android OS bump up but is slow in terms of update release cycle.

So android 11 phone now, not so good. Xiaomi is many times not having the best VFM phone for a price segment, surely better than Samsung A series, oppo or vivo phones. Many times it is Realme, iQoo or Moto.

So I will stick to my recommendations. You can do your research & if you like that phone, buy it. Some people might want a super fast charging.

I have just checked with MI India for e.g. Redmi Note 11 Pro which out of the box comes only with Android 11 will get 2 years of Android Software Update.

I am really liking the Redmi Note 11 Pro Phone.

So it is only for the Android Software which Xiaomi does not offer for more years is the resson why you are not suggesting that model is it ?

Last edited:
I have just checked with MI India for e.g. Redmi Note 11 Pro which out of the box comes only with Android 11 will get 2 years of Android Software Update.

I am really like the Redmi Note 11 Pro Phone.

So it is only for the Android Software which Xiaomi does not offer for more years is the resson why you are not suggesting that model is it ?
Compare Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G vs. Motorola Moto G82 vs. Realme 9 Pro+ - GSMArena.com

Compare specs. The only USP of Redmi is super fast charging, that's all. Cameras should stack up like Redmi ~ Moto < Realme (don't think 108MP means great camera). Performance is similar. Moto has advantage of stock android IMO, not bloatware or unnecessary nagwares via push notifications (stock is great for majority of users IMO). Other 2 run android 12 out of box & claim to give 2 OS updates as well. IP53 on Redmi is nice to have, but I'll prefer lighter & smaller phones, which other 2 are (usually such phones just save money by not getting it certified).

Again, as I mentioned earlier, if you need super fast charging, get that Redmi. But my recommendation still will be other two. Watch some youtube reviews as well, read reviews of GSMArena, they will soon have G82 review, that endurance number looks great.

Top Bottom