Planning to get a gtx 960

ubergeek

Journeyman
Hi guys in order to get my PC ready for tpp, witcher3 and hta 5 I'm looking to upgrade to gtx960 my config below
GB motherboard
I54440
Corsair 8gb vengeance ram
Intel ssd 520
Corsair vx450w
Gtx650
So what do you think can a gtx960 run on a vx450w smps?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
It will be cutting it close but yes, it will run on the VX450w.. To be more sure, buy the GTX 960 with a single 6 pin connector (there are multiple variants)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I think so , it uses a single 6 pin Powersupply and it should run without problems.. But you might want to wait for more replies from experienced members, Im tagging to get their attention.. [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION]

Also, try to search for the Zotac variant of the GTX 960.. Zotac currently provides 2+3 years of warranty upon registration from Aditya Infotech

EDIT : According to the Coolermaster Powersupply calculator, your exact rig + a GTX 970 uses about 380 watts of power.. So you should be fine with a GTX 960 considering the VX450w was a pretty good PSU (GPU rail has good ample ampherage according to hardwaresecrets.com)

Last edited:
OP
U

ubergeek

Journeyman
I think so , it uses a single 6 pin Powersupply and it should run without problems.. But you might want to wait for more replies from experienced members, Im tagging to get their attention.. [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION]

Also, try to search for the Zotac variant of the GTX 960.. Zotac currently provides 2+3 years of warranty upon registration from Aditya Infotech

EDIT : According to the Coolermaster Powersupply calculator, your exact rig + a GTX 970 uses about 380 watts of power.. So you should be fine with a GTX 960 considering the VX450w was a pretty good PSU (GPU rail has good ample ampherage according to hardwaresecrets.com)
Thanks a lot nevarine for your input,

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Power Consumption Details
MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming OC review - Hardware Setup | Power Consumption
it seems a good 450w psu is sufficient for 960 & asus strix seems to be a better option among various 960 cards but don't overclock gpu or cpu.

OP
U

ubergeek

Journeyman
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Power Consumption Details
MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming OC review - Hardware Setup | Power Consumption
it seems a good 450w psu is sufficient for 960 & asus strix seems to be a better option among various 960 cards but don't overclock gpu or cpu.
Thanks for the input whitestar, do we get witcher 3 with Asus strix in India?
Thanks a lot nevarine for your input,

slashragnarok

In the zone
I have recently got the Zotac GTX 960 Amp Edition. Witcher 3 came bundled with it. Although I don't have any latest games, the card is pushing 90 FPS on BF3 with Ultra Settings without any overclock. This card has a tremendous OC'ing headroom. Also, I believe the Amp edition comes with a better cooler and a new feature which turns off the fan when the card is idling. I got it from Snapdeal @ 18k. If you're gaming at 1080p, this is the card to get, in my opinion.

Top Bottom