Pixel 6a review

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
After about 4 months of usage, this is my review of Pixel 6a.

Positives:
  • Camera: Picture quality is probably the best I've seen on a phone, sometimes even better than phones priced 2-3 times higher. It can take good consecutive shots too due to good shutter speed.
  • Performance: No lags or stutters, good enough for multi tasking (which I don't care about on a phone). Similar or marginally better than Poco X3 Pro. Moto G82 has some random stutters at 60 Hz (works fine at 120Hz).
  • Audio quality: Good, both on the ear piece and via the USB-C port using a dongle.
  • Form factor: Size is compact and it feels nice for one hand usage.

Negatives:
  • Audio: No 3.5 mm jack.
  • Battery: Coming from G82 and X3 Pro, it is just awful. I was used to not charging the phone for 3 or even 4 days. Now, I need to do it every 2 days. From 10-12 hours of SoT to 4-5 hours (6 if I'm lucky) on 6a.
  • Charger: Not included. I am using Xiaomi's 33W charger and it works fine but slow.
  • Fingerprint reader: Slower than both X3 Pro and G82. Its accurate maybe 70-80% of the time.
Notice that I didn't mention 60Hz screen. That's because it is irrelevant for me on a phone.

Overall, considering you can get it around 20-25k, its a great phone if your primary usage is photography. I would upload some pics I've taken but later,

Last edited:
Strange that you don't observe the difference between 60Hz & 120Hz. On my S20FE, when power saving mode kicks in, the display is set to 60Hz & I can see it being slow many times (not most times for sure, but still).

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Did you play any games on the pixel 6a? Also does tapatalk lags on high usage?

Sent from my M2006C3LI using Tapatalk

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Strangely I don't. Maybe because I'm mostly consuming social media and static content on the 6a.

About 2 days on medium usage (4-5 hours of SoT).
Google should've just used a Qualcomm SoC and 5000 mAh or higher battery at the risk of making the phone thicker.
Is there substantial drain overnight ?

Google is going with Samsung only because they let them customize it. Qualcomm won't. For them Google would be a competitor.

Strangely I don't. Maybe because I'm mostly consuming social media and static content on the 6a.

About 2 days on medium usage (4-5 hours of SoT).
Google should've just used a Qualcomm SoC and 5000 mAh or higher battery at the risk of making the phone thicker.
S778 would have been great on it honestly instead of Exynos. Yet they still used Exynos on 7a.

Top Bottom