pink monitor!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiralvandal

Broken In
when i work continuously for more than half an hour my monitor starts misbehaving.
it suddenly acquires a pinkish tint and is present for some time, then flickers and becomes normal. what could it be? i've tried reinstalling the drivers but i dont think it's a software problem.
help me out, people

OP
C

chiralvandal

Broken In
thanx abhishek_sharma, but i've tried degaussing it. the problem isnt the type in which a part of the screen is pink(when there are magnets close to the screen) but that the whole screen goes pinkish, remains so for a few seconds or even a minute, then flickers back to normal.

hotdogXP

Broken In
I once had a similar problem on my old Sony Trinitron 15sf Monitor, it was 5 years old and i used to slap the monitor to make the tint go away it worked well :lol: for a few days but then the tint started to change to green and later blue and again changed colors at regular intrevals... what dha hell!!....

... well my computer technician guy told me that it was my color IC chip or something thats got busted and he changed it and walla back to sweet normal mode infact better.....

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Its nothing but only loose cable connector inside the monitor!

Once me too faced the same problem with my old Samsung 15' monitor and my system assembler just opened the monitor and fix the cable properly and the problem was solved!

susk21

Broken In
Also check if there is any magnetic material near your monitor.Keep it at a distance.Transformers used for speakers also cause PINK colour on monitor.

::vicky::

In the zone
i have heard that there is a preset in picture tube which after some yrs end then ur monitor starts behaving like this

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Vishal Gupta said:
Its nothing but only loose cable connector inside the monitor!

Once me too faced the same problem with my old Samsung 15' monitor and my system assembler just opened the monitor and fix the cable properly and the problem was solved!

Vishal is correct . its just a loose cable. may be even the VGA port cable. nothing more than that . It happens if any of the three color signals doesnt go to the monitor(RGB).

OP
C

chiralvandal

Broken In
thanx guys. i thought it was something like that since earlier i would fiddle about with the wire connecting the monitor to the pc and it would become ok but now it doesn't respond to that. maybe the connection has become a bit too loose for that kind of treatment. i'll call my technician and tell you the results when he completes the job. its a hp comp and those guys might take some time about it to do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom