Phone with good camera and OIS under 20000

I am looking for a phone with a very good camera and possibly with optical image stabilization(OIS) under Rs 20000. My main purpose of the camera will be to take still images of pages of books. My previous experience(with 3 phones Galaxy note 3 neo, nubia z11 miniS and Honor 7x) are if I take 10 pages at-least 1 or 2 pages are slightly blurry. So OIS is a definite plus.

OP
N

narasimhan1990

Broken In
I don't see any new OIS phones still. So coming back to my question. The main reason for wanting OIS is to avoid blurry pages(see my first post). Can anyone tell whether it will actually get solved by OIS? Moreover the books I am interested to scan are text(not images).

Nerevarine

Incarnate
OIS is useful for two things ideally :
Low light non blurry photography
Optical Zoom Non Blurry Photography.

If the shutter speed is less, then OIS isnt needed in most conditions. Pixel 3 doesnt have OIS yet takes some of the best photos ever.

OP
N

narasimhan1990

Broken In
Ok thanks. Anyway I always use flash and never use optical zoom. For now I will decrease shutter speed(increase exposure time) and see if it improves till some phone comes under my budget

Asus 5Z is the cheapest phone with OIS but its camera might not be much better than Poco F1 & Redmi Note 7 Pro in low light. Those 2 with GCam should blow 5Z out of water, especially Poco F1.

For value, get RN7P, otherwise, LG G7 at 27k is good if you can extend your budget. Poco F1 at 20k is a good choice as well. If you don't care about software updates, LG V30+ was going for 25k. I'd pick that for camera instead of 5Z.

OP
N

narasimhan1990

Broken In
T
Asus 5Z is the cheapest phone with OIS but its camera might not be much better than Poco F1 & Redmi Note 7 Pro in low light. Those 2 with GCam should blow 5Z out of water, especially Poco F1.

For value, get RN7P, otherwise, LG G7 at 27k is good if you can extend your budget. Poco F1 at 20k is a good choice as well. If you don't care about software updates, LG V30+ was going for 25k. I'd pick that for camera instead of 5Z.
Thanks for the reply. The LG V30+ looks good. Only thing is that it has 4GB ram. At 25k, I was hoping for 6GB.

T
Thanks for the reply. The LG V30+ looks good. Only thing is that it has 4GB ram. At 25k, I was hoping for 6GB.
4GB is fine, 6GB is too much even now for most users, although it is sensible for future proofing. 8GB+ is useless IMO, just good for specs bragging. Win10 runs perfectly fine with 8GB RAM & that is a much heavier OS.

I find 4GB RAM of my S8 totally fine, the apps retained in memory are fine (it won't keep something like Chrome with 5-6 tabs or Facebook in memory after I switch to a game, it remains in RAM for a few seconds though)

OP
N

narasimhan1990

Broken In
I will only browse. Have no plans to games. Maybe 4 GB should be sufficient. But unfortunately prices of V30+ have again gone up in flipkart(now 28k) and Amazon(26k but without Boat headphones). I will continue the waiting game then.

Top Bottom