Top10

Broken In
Hi,

Please suggest overall good phone under 16K

. Budget? 16K
2. Display type and size? 5 - 5.5 inch
3. Dual sim? yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? Any
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Better camera is good.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 4G VOLTE
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? general use, camera, surfing.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? no
10. Any other info that you want to share Good value for money

OP
T

Top10

Broken In
Does Moto G5s Plus support ViLTE. I read somewhere you can't make video call on Jio network, is it true?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Does Moto G5s Plus support ViLTE. I read somewhere you can't make video call on Jio network, is it true?
Native video calling is not supported AFAIK. Use whatsapp or skype for that.
If you choose a device based on this criteria, you might loose on actual hardware which matters more than this single "feature".

OP
T

Top10

Broken In
Native video calling is not supported AFAIK. Use whatsapp or skype for that.
If you choose a device based on this criteria, you might loose on actual hardware which matters more than this single "feature".

I am just asking because I do not know.

Just asking is it only software feature?

You mean VoLTE ? The Jio one ?
ViLTE (Video over LTE)

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I am just asking because I do not know.

Just asking is it only software feature?
Yes. It is a software feature which may or may not be implemented by the manufacturer.
I have never felt the need to have it since the people with whom I want to video chat are usually on whatsapp and/or skype. Now, I know that consumes data but it is less than 4 MB/minute. An hour of that would result in ~200 MB usage.

OP
T

Top10

Broken In
Yes. It is a software feature which may or may not be implemented by the manufacturer.
I have never felt the need to have it since the people with whom I want to video chat are usually on whatsapp and/or skype. Now, I know that consumes data but it is less than 4 MB/minute. An hour of that would result in ~200 MB usage.
Thanks.

You mean VoLTE ? The Jio one ?
Good article to know about ViLTE ViLTE (Video over LTE) - Future Networks

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom