Phone under 15K

RTKGS

Right off the assembly line
1. Budget? 15K
2. Display type and size? above 5.5"
3. Dual sim? yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? any
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? good rear and front facing camera.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 4G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? camera,general use, browsing, mutlimedia
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Asus Zenphone Max Pro1, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, Honor 9N
10. Any other info that you want to share
Looking for good value for money phone with good camera under 15K.

Redmi Note 5 Pro has the best hardware, no matter how you look at it (S636 is best at that price & it has the best camera under 15k, maybe under 20k as well).

Zenfone Max Pro is a good device especially if you want a stock android but its cameras aren't the best. Rear is good, but the front one is ok, could have been better.

OP
R

RTKGS

How is camera of Zenfone Max Pro 1 6GB version compared to Redmi Note 5 pro ?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Zenfone Max Pro is a good device especially if you want a stock android but its cameras aren't the best. Rear is good, but the front one is ok, could have been better.

6GB version have upgraded camera and I would go with Zenfone

Last edited:
6GB version have upgraded camera and I would go with Zenfone
My experience is based on the 3GB model. I am yet to see the reviews of 6GB model (bad internet), but if I'm correct they just upgraded the rear cam, not the front one. I felt Redmi Note 5 Pro has a better front camera, at least in terms of colors & exposure of shots.

Last edited by a moderator:

axes2t2

I am a cat
My experience is based on the 3GB model. I am yet to see the reviews of 6GB model (bad internet), but if I'm correct they just upgraded the rear cam, not the front one. I felt Redmi Note 5 Pro has a better front camera, at least in terms of colors & exposure of shots.

That can easily be done in Snapseed.

OP
R

RTKGS

I will wait till Aug 8 for Mi A2 launch for final decision. But I guess it will be out of my budget of 15K. Right now I am more inclined towards Max Pro 1 6GB though camera doesn't support EIS for video recording, hope they fix it with update.

Thanks guys.

Just wait for Aug 8 for Mi A2 launch
It should be priced near 20k considering its EU pricing. Lack of 3.5mm jack & relatively small battery for its size are its disadvantages. A price cut on Nokia 7 Plus can kill Mi A2 easily as it makes up for the disadvantages of A2 along with the brand reputation of Nokia.

Mi A2 Lite seems promising but its pricing will be crucial.

I will wait till Aug 8 for Mi A2 launch for final decision. But I guess it will be out of my budget of 15K. Right now I am more inclined towards Max Pro 1 6GB though camera doesn't support EIS for video recording, hope they fix it with update.

Thanks guys.
Zenfone Max Pro is going to get EIS with an update soon.

Top Bottom