Phone under 15k budget.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
1. Budget? 15K Max.
2. Display type and size? Any.
3. Dual sim? Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? No Xiaomi
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi).
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Calling, Emails, WhatsApp, conference calls. Heavy usage
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
10. Any other info that you want to share
This will be for work so can't root. But need least bloated UI.

This will be replacing a 2020 oppo A31 which has got problem in earpiece. The audio can't be. Heard, has laggy UI

Should have good battery. Camera not priority. Build should be strong. Should not lag for atleast 2 years. Can't extend budget above 15k. Will also be used for UPI transaction so shud not lag in those apps.

Brands comfortable with - Realme, Samsung, Moto, Nokia. No Xiaomi, oppo/Vivo, Infinix, techno etc.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
For 15k, Moto is the only decent choice because it has stock OS which is lighter than the rest of brands who offer their own UI experience, which starts to lag later down the line. I have been on Moto since last 6-7 years and used 10k-20k phones. They do start to show slowness after 2 years or so.

For 15k, only G52 and G71 are the option.

I am using G71, only complain is,
  • its heavy, 178 gms + phone cover
  • switching immediately between apps isn't always snappy
  • doesn't get bright enough under direct sunlight. I can see everything on the screen clearly which is good enough. But I am comparing it to S20FE which has good amount of brightness and feels right under direct sunlight

Samsung has good UI but their 15-25k sub phones are not that good. I think only exception was A52s which really stands out even today, unfortunately it's priced around 25k right now.

@bssunilreddy I think you are using M32 since last year no? Do you think it started slowing down after a year of usage? Would you recommend M series?

Moto ones are good, for non-Moto option, I'll say Samsung F23 5G. Try to get a friend's CC & utilise some offers, if you can.

Compare Samsung Galaxy F23 vs. Motorola Moto G52 vs. Motorola Moto G71 5G - GSMArena.com

F23 has a TFT display, so inferior panel to OLED but that panel is better than your Oppo, so you are still getting a better display. This TFT panel comes close to IPS LCD. Rest of the specs from F23 are great & will get android 14 upgrade when that is out.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Ok, So far, I have shortlisted Moto G52 and Samsung F23 5G.

I am ready to wait next 2-3 weeks so if any new launches with better specs are welcome

In that oppo, GPay, Amazon Pay all would low very slowly and often lag. So processor should be strong enough to hold it for next 2-3 years.

In Moto G71, I liked oled screen, but since it is 6 Month+ it feels old now. Any thing new with Amoled display??

Ok, So far, I have shortlisted Moto G52 and Samsung F23 5G.

I am ready to wait next 2-3 weeks so if any new launches with better specs are welcome

In that oppo, GPay, Amazon Pay all would low very slowly and often lag. So processor should be strong enough to hold it for next 2-3 years.

In Moto G71, I liked oled screen, but since it is 6 Month+ it feels old now. Any thing new with Amoled display??
Like all tech, OLED tech do improve as time passes on. Like AMOLED on S22 ultra is superior than OLED on 20k phones. So not sure what you meant.

In terms of display panels in phones, OLED is the top panel type easily.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Like all tech, OLED tech do improve as time passes on. Like AMOLED on S22 ultra is superior than OLED on 20k phones. So not sure what you meant.

In terms of display panels in phones, OLED is the top panel type easily.

Actually, I bought Moto G71 in april for someone, the display quality was nice. By old I meant that it has already lost about 6 months in its life of updates, so want something new in market.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
G52 seems nice in hand. Atleast software was not laggy in showpiece.

I enquired offline and he said G82 will be available in a week's time I am getting it at 18K. Should I go for it?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
G82 at 18k is a steal deal IMO because of 3.5 mm jack, dedicated card slot, OIS, 120Hz OLED with stock-ish android.
I don't think it has a dedicated sd card slot, feels like hybrid to me. I bought that phone 2 weeks back but haven't got the time to shift my sim there yet.

Top Bottom