Ambassador of Buzz
Buying new phones for mom and dad. Both have been using Redmi 5A for 3+ years

1. Budget?
10K (max 12K)

2. Display type and size?
6-6.5 inches, fine with HD display

3. Dual sim? yes

4. Preferred choice of brand?
No Xiaomi/Oppo/Vivo/Realme or any of their subsidiaries.
Would prefer Nokia or Motorola for stock android, Samsung if bloatfree.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? yes

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Stock Android etc). Stock Android preferred

7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi). Dual active 4G

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Lots of Calls, WhatsApp and YouTube, no gaming

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? A bunch

Motorola e40 at 9.5K
Nokia 3.4 at 11K
Nokia G10 at 11.5K
Samsung A03s at 12K

10. Any other info that you want to share
Would like a phone with good voice clarity and loudness of the earpiece, long battery life, 4/64 config, able to last for another 3 years
Personally I am leaning towards the Nokia G10 or the Samsung A03s. Would like to know what you guys think.

For something under 12k, Poco M3 is a good choice. But I'll recommend Moto G31 at 13k as well. See if you can get that Axis FK CC for 5% cashaback.

OP
true_lies

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
G31 does look good for the specs offered considering the price, but not a fan of Motorola's software updates, which seem to be just one android OS upgrade. Not so sure on security updates.
I can wait a few days till the sale goes live and see if availability is there. If not what could be the second best choice.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
afair it comes quarterly unless they made some changes and security updates are for 2 years only. best thing of motorola is a clean software that i find very good. for parents, imho that is the best option - no silly notifications from any absurd app.
other option for parents could be some samsung model but at that price point, it will be some M series which shows some ADs unless properly setup initially.

afair it comes quarterly unless they made some changes and security updates are for 2 years only. best thing of motorola is a clean software that i find very good. for parents, imho that is the best option - no silly notifications from any absurd app.
other option for parents could be some samsung model but at that price point, it will be some M series which shows some ADs unless properly setup initially.
+1
Moto is suggested for its clean OS. For Samsung, I had to set it right on even S20 FE 5G that I bought. Poco has bit less ads than Redmi's MIUI.

OP
true_lies

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
I ended up buying the Nokia G20 for 11K with a ₹2500 discount coupon from Amazon. Stock Android 11 with 2 OS updates.
Moto G31 was going over budget, plus the need was immediate and its delivery time was a week.

Top Bottom