Phone for Elderly person Under 18-20k

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
1. Budget? 18-20k
2. Display type and size? Whatever is good, not a fan of gigantic display
3. Dual sim? yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? Except oppo, vivo and any other thing brand with excessive ads.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Normal camera good enough for photos
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). Android. No problem with stock, just no ads
7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi). 5g not required
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Calling, net banking apps, gmail, whatsapp
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? No
10. Any other info that you want to share.

Currently using oppo A31. Total shit phone with worst UI
Long battery life preffered. will buy offline only.
cant do custom rom stuff as I will not be present there.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
G71 looks good in terms of screen and camera, how is the processor?

The present phone becomes too hot while charging and also it has a problem with GPay app lagging a lot on it.

If I raise budget to 23-24k, is there any significant thing which i can gain?
No, IMO. The extra performance or better cam won't be easily noticeable by an old person. I'll recommend Moto G71 as well for stock OS.

At 25k, Realme 9 pro+ has a good camera while being powerful enough for normal tasks.

I am going with moto g71 if available offline otherwise i will go towards rm 9 5G SE
I doubt you will get any of them offline, both are online only phones resulting in cutting middlemen, thus better specs for the price. You will get a relatively much worse oppo, vivo & Samsung A series offline.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
I doubt you will get any of them offline, both are online only phones resulting in cutting middlemen, thus better specs for the price. You will get a relatively much worse oppo, vivo & Samsung A series offline.
don't remember anything about realme but some motorola models are available offline. they have a list of retail stores on their official website i even saw some model in a multibrand vendor shop in december 2021. some 2 years back, another multibrand shop person showed me old xiaomi models. he said not the latest ones but almost all models launched a year back were available with them. Oneplus and Samsung M series too were being sold in some shops. that ONLY ONLINE concept is almost gone, at least in my city.

don't remember anything about realme but some motorola models are available offline. they have a list of retail stores on their official website i even saw some model in a multibrand vendor shop in december 2021. some 2 years back, another multibrand shop person showed me old xiaomi models. he said not the latest ones but almost all models launched a year back were available with them. Oneplus and Samsung M series too were being sold in some shops. that ONLY ONLINE concept is almost gone, at least in my city.
I saw some Realme & Samsung M series offline, but the shopkeepers were charging 500 over the online cost. Big dealers like Poorvika, Croma, etc outright claimed M series isn't available in stores. OP & Xiaomi indeed started pushing phones offline & I think Xiaomi's own offline shops had phones for 500 extra over online price. OP has to check locally & see.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Guys G71 is not available offline, I asked the shopkeeper for other options, he said Realme 9 Pro + and oppo f21 are good for price. What do you think? I am getting realme 9 p+ for 24k and oppo for for 23k. Which one is better out of these?

Realme one was a bit heavier than oppo, but felt much more solid in hand.

He said Motorola will start offline by end of May most probably.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Because they get commissions on those PoS phones, duh.

He had a lot of mi and Vivo phones. But I was not going to buy mi at any cost, so these were the two options he had with similar features.

Actually G71 is only available on Flipkart and no way I am spending that amount again on FK as I have been already scammed twice by them.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
He had a lot of mi and Vivo phones. But I was not going to buy mi at any cost, so these were the two options he had with similar features.

Actually G71 is only available on Flipkart and no way I am spending that amount again on FK as I have been already scammed twice by them.

i have bought many things from fk in the past. last year bought an iphone from fk, got the delivery as open box. no issues at all. even returned something and got a replacement in the past. may be it was bad sellers in your case.

a video on bloatware

Last edited:
Top Bottom