Phone for dad with good camera ..5-6K budget

solanky

Broken In
its not yet resolved ,my friends phone is still bloated and overheats
plus you cannot even put CM on it
the zenfone camera is actually better
I am not facing much issues after update but I am not a heavy user. I never play games.

Also, CM 11 is already available for it.

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
get lumia 530 for the camera etc its a big difference
even moto is decent though incase you cant get the lumia 530
just keep in mind that 530 lacks a proximity sensor but it has another workaround technology where it uses the touch screen as a proximity sensor and "simulates" it
but in reviews..they say both 530 and moto E camera are pretty bad...whats ur input guys ?

ashs1

Padawan
Arre yaar, you would be hard pressed to find a flawless phone in this range.
Redmi has good camera and specs, but not a regular brand name.
Moto e has good brand name and specs, but average camera.
Zenphone has decent name, specs, camera.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
but in reviews..they say both 530 and moto E camera are pretty bad...whats ur input guys ?

both arent great but the 530 beats the moto e

- - - Updated - - -

Arre yaar, you would be hard pressed to find a flawless phone in this range.
Redmi has good camera and specs, but not a regular brand name.
Moto e has good brand name and specs, but average camera.
Zenphone has decent name, specs, camera.

^^true dat!!

Minion

Conversation Architect

That is why I suggested you an android one devices seems like you need a branded one.You need to wait if HTC,Samsung is going to release android one devices there is very slim chance though.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
That is why I suggested you an android one devices seems like you need a branded one.You need to wait if HTC,Samsung is going to release android one devices there is very slim chance though.

Even though they release it at all, it'll have SD200, 480p 5" screen without gorilla glass, 1gb ram, 4gb internal, 5mp cam and priced at 18-20k. :lol:

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Not a branded one...I can go with Spice or Karbonn Android one..if camera is good...Micromax Andriod one has poor reviews..pls suggest

Regards
Sumit

Minion

Conversation Architect
Even though they release it at all, it'll have SD200, 480p 5" screen without gorilla glass, 1gb ram, 4gb internal, 5mp cam and priced at 18-20k. :lol:

Snapdragon 200 is not a very bad chip it can easily play full HD videos.That is why i suggest OP to get android one device.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a branded one...I can go with Spice or Karbonn Android one..if camera is good...Micromax Andriod one has poor reviews..pls suggest

Regards
Sumit

I suggest you to get karbonn or spice don't go for micromax.
Here is a review from our fellow digit memeber
*www.digit.in/forum/reviews/187128-spice-android-one-dream-uno-mi-498-review.html

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^ seems good....hows spice A*S (after service support) ?

bad trust me

- - - Updated - - -

Regards
Sumit

dont go for either,quality is a joke with karbonn and spice
wait for better oems to release android handsets or get the moto e or zenfone instead
the current android ones are not that great

amjath

Human Spambot

Regards
Sumit

2 spice users:
*www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/186975-android-one-thread-3.html#post2163233

*www.digit.in/forum/reviews/187128-spice-android-one-dream-uno-mi-498-review.html

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Snapdragon 200 is not a very bad chip it can easily play full HD videos.That is why i suggest OP to get android one device.

its not about the SoC, its about the pricing. when Moto G offers sd400 at 12-13k, likes of samdung would offer a sd200 or even a broadcomm SoC at 15k prices (like this $hit Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo - Full phone specifications) . :facepalm:

Last edited:
OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
bad trust me

- - - Updated - - -

dont go for either,quality is a joke with karbonn and spice
wait for better oems to release android handsets or get the moto e or zenfone instead
the current android ones are not that great

now totally confused...Some ppl are saying get Android One Spice ..yOu are saying they are bad..Zenfone is out since its breaks too easily ..have read in many reviews...Is Moto E a safe bet ?

Regards
Sumit

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
now totally confused...Some ppl are saying get Android One Spice ..yOu are saying they are bad..Zenfone is out since its breaks too easily ..have read in many reviews...Is Moto E a safe bet ?

Regards
Sumit

moto e is your best bet
dont buy these chinese and indian oem phones especially at that price range
moto e is better in build etc and gives good performance and has good after sales
android one phones are not ood because of karbonn,spice and micromax which have bad service after sales and the mediatek cpus arent good

the moto e suits your needs perfectly
zenfone is an alternative worth considering as well

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^plus the oem also matters
android one phones wont be a big hit because of 1. OEMs who are known for poor quality
2.Mediatek CPUs(incompatible and slow compared to snapdragon,atleast in the low range cpus)

Top Bottom