Phone Buying Advice : INR 25000

123hero

In the zone
Hi Folks,

Interested to buy a phone.

1. Budget? - INR 25000

2. Display type and size? -AMOLED 6INCH - preferably 16:9 aspect ratio as I find other ratio little weird for watching content.

3. Dual sim? MUST

4. Preferred choice of brand? Not really

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? -4 camera (back primary with flash , depth sensor, wide angle and 1 front primary)

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). - Android with minimal interface

7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi). - Whatever is best available in the budget

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? - Calling, photography, watching videos and browsing internet.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?- NA.

10. Any other info that you want to share - I use my phones for a reasonably long time period- over 3+ years so should be future proof. OK to wait for sometime for a good release phone.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi Folks,

Interested to buy a phone.

1. Budget? - INR 25000

2. Display type and size? -AMOLED 6INCH - preferably 16:9 aspect ratio as I find other ratio little weird for watching content.

3. Dual sim? MUST

4. Preferred choice of brand? Not really

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? -4 camera (back primary with flash , depth sensor, wide angle and 1 front primary)

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). - Android with minimal interface

7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi). - Whatever is best available in the budget

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? - Calling, photography, watching videos and browsing internet.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?- NA.

10. Any other info that you want to share - I use my phones for a reasonably long time period- over 3+ years so should be future proof. OK to wait for sometime for a good release phone.
*www.amazon.in/Samsung-Blazing-Stor...Samsung&rnid=3837712031&s=electronics&sr=1-10

OP

123hero

In the zone
*www.amazon.in/Samsung-Blazing-Storage-Snapdragon-sAMOLED/dp/B09CV463ZY/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&qid=1633949474&refinements=p_89:Samsung&rnid=3837712031&s=electronics&sr=1-10
Samsung's slow down really bad to the point becoming too slow to use.

All the bloatware also is a turn off. Would keep this as a last option.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

All bloatware can be uninstalled as I know because I am using M31s and I removed every bloatware myself just by going to the play store itself.

I used S8 for 4+ years. It wasn't as fast as Oneplus phones but was still fast enough without bugs. Samsung being synonymous with lag is thing of the past, but do try to avoid Samsung's Exynos models.

Edge 20 fusion is worth considering, was 20k in last sale. Watch Geekyranjit's review.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Get Motorola Edge 20 fusion or Edge 20 if you can extend your budget,
I bought Motorola One Power 2 years ago and its display broke when it fell 3 feet down onto the floor and I have to pay 5.4k for display replacement from the authorized service since display comes under physical damage and no free service.
Again after few months the same replaced display again broke into pieces when it fell down from 3 feet and again they asked for 5.4k for replacement.
This is the standard of Motorola's display where as my Samsung Galaxy M31s fell several times from the same height but never broke only got a scratch.

This is the standards maintained by the respective companies.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I bought Motorola One Power 2 years ago and its display broke when it fell 3 feet down onto the floor and I have to pay 5.4k for display replacement from the authorized service since display comes under physical damage and no free service.
Again after few months the same replaced display again broke into pieces when it fell down from 3 feet and again they asked for 5.4k for replacement.
This is the standard of Motorola's display where as my Samsung Galaxy M31s fell several times from the same height but never broke only got a scratch.

This is the standards maintained by the respective companies.
Height alone is not a factor which can determine whether a screen will crack or not. Angle of impact and if the phone had a case, screen protector also matters. I've also seen my phones fall down by a height of 3-4 feet but since I use a case, I've never had to witness a broken screen. While my sister's RN3's screen got cracked after it tumbled down a concrete road without any case or screen protector.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Height alone is not a factor which can determine whether a screen will crack or not. Angle of impact and if the phone had a case, screen protector also matters. I've also seen my phones fall down by a height of 3-4 feet but since I use a case, I've never had to witness a broken screen. While my sister's RN3's screen got cracked after it tumbled down a concrete road without any case or screen protector.
I was sitting on the floor beside some stairs and it fell 2 steps or 3 feet down on to the floor and broke diagonally and it costed me 5.4k and when it again broke for the 2nd time I left it in the service center itself.
That phone does not have any guard as like my present Samsung Galaxy M31s also doesn't have any guard but still it is rock solid.

Likewise you said my elder sisters Oneplus 7 also broke its display but have a guard on its rear and she got it replaced in the same way.

So I advised them and my sisters whole family along with my cousin bought Samsung for every member.

Now we are a Samsung family except my sis who has Oneplus 7.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

OP

123hero

In the zone
i use a pesky case on my Mi Mix 2 and it has already fallen 2-3 times when it was being handled by others. Nothing happened yet to the screen or the back.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
+1
i have dropped my Motorola G5S Plus twice from the table and nothing has happened. it was in a local case with a local tempered screen guard applied.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
+1
i have dropped my Motorola G5S Plus twice from the table and nothing has happened. it was in a local case with a local tempered screen guard applied.
I was saying that materials they are using right now are not what they say it is
Even I used Motorola G5S Plus and it was good I used for 1 year and got another phone by exchanging it.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
I was saying that materials they are using right now are not what they say it is
Even I used Motorola G5S Plus and it was good I used for 1 year and got another phone by exchanging it.

imho the material almost everyone is using for making anything is much inferior to what it was before because we want things cheaper

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
btw, i too have similar requirements and I am going to buy Samsung A52S around 30000 with 1500 cashback on icici amazon card because it comes with 3 years of android and 1 year of software updates

ankushv

Journeyman
Amoled's are generally more costly to replace . Also more delicate .
My s9 display has no physical damage but has yellowing and dimming of display , samsung quoted me more than 10 k to replace it .
Just living with it .
Fyi this is a super amoled qhd + display .

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

btw, i too have similar requirements and I am going to buy Samsung A52S around 30000 with 1500 cashback on icici amazon card because it comes with 3 years of android and 1 year of software updates
Considering FK is having another sale this weekend, see if S20 FE 5G gets a discount again on amazon or Samsung's website.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Considering FK is having another sale this weekend, see if S20 FE 5G gets a discount again on amazon or Samsung's website.
i have not considered that since months because from what i have heard, it will get 2 android updates and max 3 years of security patch updates. also there were few reports some months back that the stock of S20FE 5G Samsung is selling is basically the stock leftover / it was unable to sell in EU. some insider has confirmed the same. the current ones that they are selling are available in only 2 colours. this is why i have not considered that along with other factors despite many telling this has flagship experience whereas 778g doesn't have that.

i have not considered that since months because from what i have heard, it will get 2 android updates and max 3 years of security patch updates. also there were few reports some months back that the stock of S20FE 5G Samsung is selling is basically the stock leftover / it was unable to sell in EU. some insider has confirmed the same. the current ones that they are selling are available in only 2 colours. this is why i have not considered that along with other factors despite many telling this has flagship experience whereas 778g doesn't have that.
S20 FE 5G will get 2 more android updates because it was launched with 10 & it got 11 update.

I have not heard of any such stuff. Many regard it as the best value flagship, I agree. S20 FE exynos is a different story though, avoid that. Except for 1 extra android update, S20 FE 5G is just the better smartphone. Enlighten me if you get some other advantage of A52s. For like 8k cheaper from S20 FE 5G, it will be worth it in a way though.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
S20 FE 5G will get 2 more android updates because it was launched with 10 & it got 11 update.

I have not heard of any such stuff. Many regard it as the best value flagship, I agree. S20 FE exynos is a different story though, avoid that. Except for 1 extra android update, S20 FE 5G is just the better smartphone. Enlighten me if you get some other advantage of A52s. For like 8k cheaper from S20 FE 5G, it will be worth it in a way though.
never looked at exynos since beginning. was waiting to buy it when it was launched but samsung as always then very idiotically left out the 5g version. as i said, an insider confirmed it - a relative of a very close friend working in a very senior position & specifically asked not to reveal any more than what was going on as per rumour. i remember from the beginning it was launched in India, it was very limited in quantity specially of black, purple and red. also when the sale was going on i saw many people commenting in social media the piece they have received has some issue or another. may be you got lucky like i got lucky to get timely delivery of phone and next day before time (6 days before) charger from flipkart and there are people still crying for orders placed before mine.
regarding price, if i buy it today, it` will be around 28.5k. regarding price, sister asked me to get fold 3 and is ready to pay for it. some may be you too might consider it childish but the biggest advantage of A52s at present is that it is available in Black colour while FE is not. in 2006, i didn't buy Nokia N73 as it was not available in grey colour. the dealer said people go for a different brand in the same colour instead of buying a different colour. it is a matter of mixed priorities buddy, its complicated.
everything is still on hold as S21FE might be launched on 20th.

Top Bottom