Philosophy Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 345628
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 345628

Thread for Chit-Chatting about Philosophy .You might as well share Good Philosophy Books/Articles .

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Deleted member 345628

I've read some Stoicism , and practice it once in a week by seeking voluntary discomfort like Water Fasting , Sleeping on the floor . Boy the food feels delicious after 36 hours of water-fast !

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Now there is a good chance of this turning into a fight club.

That being said, have you read Marcus Aurelius's Meditations? It's the definitive book about stoicism.

I personally am a optimistic nihilist though.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
u adapted to become optimistic nihilist or did u have that perspective from ,like the beginning?
Technically, nobody is born with any kind of outlook in life, everything we know we learn from our environment.

Woo that sounds something interesting. I do try to meditate sometimes and also focus on the lights that emerge in eyes in dark.
I was actually talking about this book - Meditations - Wikipedia

OP
D

Deleted member 345628

Now there is a good chance of this turning into a fight club.

That being said, have you read Marcus Aurelius's Meditations? It's the definitive book about stoicism.

I personally am a optimistic nihilist though.

Nope , But It's on my to-read list . I'm Currently reading Ecco Homo , and planned on reading Friedrich Nietzsche's books first.
I like Stoicism ,Nihilism and Objectivism . But I found it interesting to practice these exercises to increase my own gratitude towards life .
I hate any philosophy that deals with being content , promoting honesty or good-will . It kind of seems like escapism from life itself when you want to be a saint (not promoting pain and pleasure) .

“I am a disciple of the philosopher Dionysus, and I would prefer to be even a satyr than a saint.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

@Desmond David What do you think of Hedonism ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I like philosophy. I like to think long and hard. Maybe it's called meditation.
I have also been day dreaming since I was in school, and wonder about our existence and purpose in universe and all.
But I don't have any idea about the terms you guys are discussing.

Stoicism? Nihilism?

I think I have a lot of reading to do.

OP
D

Deleted member 345628

I'm just a Philosophy enthusiast who likes to read various kinds of Philosophy . I don't stick with one Philosophical idea but try to practice the best ideas from every kind .

Top Bottom