Personal WebPage building Tools..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Now a days webhostings & domains r becoming very cheap... so any one can have their own website....

but problem comes when designing the site... many of the users dont have knoldge of either HTML or FLASH...

so there r alternetive to build ur website.... like useing offline simple tools.. the best that i personaly saw is...

Yahoo Site Builder

Yahoo said:
Yahoo! SiteBuilder for Windows® makes it easy to design the site you want. With our new Site Creation Wizard and more than 380 templates, you have the power to quickly create a high-end site — and have it look like an expensive designer slaved over it for weeks...

only one problem that i found in this application is.... its JAVA based... now i dont know why but my AMD athlon 2600+ with 512MB DDR400 simply gets very slow when running this application.... but results r great...

any way if u want a very simple webpage then can use the Online HTML site making tools...

like...

EASYeditor

EASYeditor said:
EASYeditor is a free online HTML editor with the added convenience of WYSIWYG editor mode - the best feature..?...ITS FREE! Edit your Ebay Auction Template or website html right here online no software to download, no password to write down. Enjoy the editor for FREE, no purchase necessary. If you like the free online HTML editor please let your friends know, and feel free to link to us our our Ebay store - in fact we encourage it !!

its good.. but lacks many pro feature....

another idea is if u know the BBcode very well then u can use the combination writen bellow...

1st get a BBcode to HTML converter... like my personal fav

BBCode to HTML Converter

now write ur page content in the more easy BBcode... then conver it in HTML... now go to a online Web Page Generator (My Fav) follow their instructtion for where to copy pest that converted BBcode....

now i want few more easy tools/software to design personal web page... pls suggest few...

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
I like Yahoo site builder very much.
But after making a site, It automatically add a banner to each page, which can be removed using a text editor.
The results are very nice and one can make his own site very very fast.
We can host them in any other hosting service.
Another application I like is Thundersite

tuxfan

Technomancer
Are all these WYSIWYG editors? They seem so. Then I don't like to use them :roll:

I like to have templates. That is where I usually get stuck and seek help :) Today we made a good and simple template in 2 hours for a small site. Shall post the link some time later :) My collague is pretty talented.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hay tux... there r many free templates out there free for download... but very few good & easy editors to make those templates work for u... i am not a geek in web languge like HTML or DHTML... so in the end i have to look for a tool or service which will allow me to make that template work for me...

any way... in those 2 editor... i didnt find any option to put a .swf animation a button in the HTML page... isnt this possible to put .sfw animation as button in html code?? if it is possible then pls any one point out that TAG....

akshar

Broken In
wht abt 1st page

I liked evrsoft 1st page.
IT is nt a wyswyg bt a html editor even then it is a gr8 tool for those who know dhtml.

When it comes to help abt DHTML i would certainly prefer MSDN library. It is simply the best bt there can be some compatibility issues when the pages are displayed in a non IE browser.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hay... pls suggest few source from where i can get cool easy to use templates to work with the Web page Maker

as bydefoult the web page maker has only 4 (Pro) + 4 (Personal) 8 templates... :roll:

rajas

In the zone
I was looking for some Templates for Web Page maker and I found this software. Xara Webstyle 4
U can download 15 days trail version.
Download it here: *www.xara.com/downloads/webstyle/

Features:
Create professional-quality graphics
Create complete page layouts
Edit & enhance photos for the web, and create thumbnail albums
Integration with Dreamweaver and FrontPage
No graphical or technical skill required
Auto-optimized for the web

I donn think there are aint any templates available for WPM. i mite b wrong...will try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom