PC Upgrade Budget 30 to 35k

sainath

Android Addicted
Hi All, I want to upgrade my existing desktop PC. Please go through below questionnaires and suggest me value for money build that will last long at least half a decade.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mostly Gaming Upcoming AAA titles. Programming with Java Eclipse or STS, Android Studio, Visual Studio, VMWare/virtual machine, etc. Others apps include - Photoshop, Browsing, Multimedia, and little bit of video editing (future).

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 30 to 35k. Can stretch to 1~2k Max.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: If budget allows then YES.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 dual boot with Ubuntu Linux.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Not needed going to use existing one.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No. Already have LG 22mp68vq.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Planning to re-use everything except Processor, Motherboard and of course RAM. Also thinking to get 240/250GB SSD. Still need your suggestions. I am open for both Intel and AMD build. My Current rig:
Processor: Intel i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M-D3H
RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333Mhz
GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Mini
PSU: Antec Neo Eco 550M
Cabinet: Corsair Spec-01
HDD: 1 x 1TB and 1 x 500GB.
SSD: ADATA SP580 Premier 120GB SSD
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 LED Turbo
Monitor: LG 22MP68VQ-P 1080p

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This Diwali or before.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I know how to build desktop PC. :p

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Andheri, Mumbai. Can travel to Lamington Road, Mumbai. Online if and only if I am getting cheaper.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Regarding Windows Retail key which some websites offers at less than Rs. 2k, are those website genuine?

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Skip SSD and use your existing one for now.
You can fit Ryzen 1600 + MB + 16GB memory in this budget.

OP
sainath

sainath

Android Addicted
Can you suggest me specific model for Ryzen motherboard? How's the Gigabyte GA-AB350? I was thinking about Ryzen 5 2600 or i5 8400 (if price gets back to its original price).

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Ryzen 2600 will overshoot your budget a little. But if you want, go ahead. WRT to Intel price drop, I don't want to keep my fingers crossed and I don't expect it to drop anytime soon, even after 9th gen make it to the market. In fact 9th gen too will be overpriced.
As for motherboard, this one is decent
Asus TUF B450 Plus Gaming
But reviewers find MSI and Asrock B450 boards are better for overclocking.
As a brand I prefer Asus and Gigabyte (in that order). Solely for their reliability and ASS and they have proved it over the years. For that I prefer Asus and Gigabyte even after though they aren't as good for overclocking. I would like to lean towards reliability than crazy overclocking.

OP
sainath

sainath

Android Addicted
Hi nac, I increased my budget little more and finally bought following parts:
Ryzen 5 2600 + Asus ROG Strix B450-F + 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz. Total costed me Rs. 39700 at PrimeABGB.
Thanks for quick help.

Reactions: nac
Top Bottom