PC Upgrade -> Budget 15K

Munez

Broken In
Hi All,

I am planing to upgrade my PC. Kindly help

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Running Virtual Machine( At a time 1 max) , Internet, Movies and Basic photoshop Editing.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 20k-25K. Cant extend more than this

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10. And Run Linux Virtual machine in it.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I already have 3.5TB (2+1+0.5) SATA internal. So planning to Re-Use it

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, Planing to re use my Dell 22Inch FULL HD monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Planing to Re-use, HDD, Monitor, CM ELITE 310 Cabinet :), Keyboard, Mouse Speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Before End of this month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Have done Both.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Banglore , Karnataka

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I prefer AMD configuration and a motherboard which can Fit in CM ELITE 310 cabinet.. Currently I have ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO and AMD Athlon II X4 with 4GB DDR3 RAM and FSP SAGA 400 PSU.

Last edited:
OP
M

Munez

Broken In
I will work on extending it upto 20k :( .

Atleast Can i get some suggestion so that i can work on budget..

CPU:
MOBO:
RAM:
PSU:

This is all what i am planing to update.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It's too tight. You already have 3 HDD, and if you have DVD drive you will have no free SATA port left with this A320 chipset board. VM could use more memory, if you plan to add more sticks latter you can't put more than two sticks in this board.
This is what you can get in 20k.
Ryzen 2200G
DDR4 4GB 2400mhz
A320M S2H
~450w bronze rated PSU

OP
M

Munez

Broken In
It's too tight. You already have 3 HDD, and if you have DVD drive you will have no free SATA port left with this A320 chipset board. VM could use more memory, if you plan to add more sticks latter you can't put more than two sticks in this board.
This is what you can get in 20k.
Ryzen 2200G
DDR4 4GB 2400mhz
A320M S2H
~450w bronze rated PSU

Thanks for the reply.
I didn't want to spend more money because I use my desktop only for Coding in Linux VM, watch movies, browse net and very basic Photoshop editing. I hardly play any games now a days :D.
But I guess I have to spend more money for the basic upgrade now :). I will stretch my Budget to 20k to 25k. :)

Ryzen 2200G -> Ok.
DDR4 which one do you suggest ? for both 4GB and 8GB
Regarding Motherboard, 2 DIMM slots should be enough as I will plan for 4GB+8GB ( for future). And I am not using DVD drive, even though I have one. But any other suggestion if I push my budget to 25K,
Which PSU model do you suggest ?

Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD APU SERIES QUAD CORE PROCESSOR RYZEN 3 2200G - (RADEON VEGA 8 GRAPHICS, AM4 SOCKET, 6M CACHE, UP TO 3.7 GHz)
CORSAIR CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R Desktop Ram Vengeance Lpx Series - 8GB (8GBx1) DDR4 2400MHz Red
CORSAIR SMPS CX450 - 450 WATT 80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFICATION ATX PSU WITH ACTIVE PFC
ASUS PRIME B350M-A Motherboard (Amd Socket AM4/Ryzen Series CPU/Max 64GB DDR4-3200MHz Memory) It may require bios update for 2200G support but call mdcomputers & they will do it for you if required.

If you can wait till 1st week of Aug then AMD is launching their latest B450 mobo(these support ryzen 2xxx processors with default bios) by july end which may result in launch of some B350 mobos with 6 sata ports below 7k price range.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
DDR4 which one do you suggest ? for both 4GB and 8GB
Regarding Motherboard, 2 DIMM slots should be enough as I will plan for 4GB+8GB ( for future). And I am not using DVD drive, even though I have one. But any other suggestion if I push my budget to 25K,
Which PSU model do you suggest ?
You can go with what whitestar suggested. But for motherboard you can check out Gigabyte B350m D3H (~7k). It's not widely available, but it has 4 memory slots, 6 SATA ports and will fit under your new budget. In fact, you can even go for Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4 3000mhz stick with this new budget.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^I think you are talking about AB350M D3H in which case I don't think it is going to be available at ~6k(its original price) anywhere.In fact AB350 boards are out of stock for a long time & not just for gigabyte but for asrock too. At ~7k Asus Prime is a better option.

OP
M

Munez

Broken In
AMD APU SERIES QUAD CORE PROCESSOR RYZEN 3 2200G - (RADEON VEGA 8 GRAPHICS, AM4 SOCKET, 6M CACHE, UP TO 3.7 GHz)
CORSAIR CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R Desktop Ram Vengeance Lpx Series - 8GB (8GBx1) DDR4 2400MHz Red
CORSAIR SMPS CX450 - 450 WATT 80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFICATION ATX PSU WITH ACTIVE PFC
ASUS PRIME B350M-A Motherboard (Amd Socket AM4/Ryzen Series CPU/Max 64GB DDR4-3200MHz Memory) It may require bios update for 2200G support but call mdcomputers & they will do it for you if required.

If you can wait till 1st week of Aug then AMD is launching their latest B450 mobo(these support ryzen 2xxx processors with default bios) by july end which may result in launch of some B350 mobos with 6 sata ports below 7k price range.

Thanks a lot. Yes I feel it is worth waiting. Also I would prefer latest MOBO with default BIOS. Lets wait till August first week.
I have one question related to PSU, with 450 Watt, can it handle more than 3 SATA drives + internal grahics ? My FSP SAGA II 400 Watt still running fine, Do you think I still need to update it ?
Also, Is there any Latest MOBO which has 2 DIMM slots and 4 SATA ports. In my personal experience, I have never used all the 4 Slots. I might add 8GB now and 8GB Later ..

You can go with what whitestar suggested. But for motherboard you can check out Gigabyte B350m D3H (~7k). It's not widely available, but it has 4 memory slots, 6 SATA ports and will fit under your new budget. In fact, you can even go for Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4 3000mhz stick with this new budget.

Thanks. For MOBO i will wait till August First week. And post here again.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^^I think you are talking about AB350M D3H in which case I don't think it is going to be available at ~6k(its original price) anywhere.In fact AB350 boards are out of stock for a long time & not just for gigabyte but for asrock too. At ~7k Asus Prime is a better option.
Yeah, that's the one. It was available @ 6k??? wow!!! That's a nice price. Yeah, the usual suspects primeabgb, mdc don't have them in stock. But it's available with srirathiretails and priyacomputers.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I have one question related to PSU, with 450 Watt, can it handle more than 3 SATA drives + internal grahics ? My FSP SAGA II 400 Watt still running fine, Do you think I still need to update it ?
Also, Is there any Latest MOBO which has 2 DIMM slots and 4 SATA ports. In my personal experience, I have never used all the 4 Slots. I might add 8GB now and 8GB Later ..
Thanks. For MOBO i will wait till August First week. And post here again.
Yes. 450w is more than enough.
I assume you bought that PSU along with other components at least 5yrs ago, right? In that case, yeah it's better get a new one.
AMD yet to announce A420? chipset. So, NO. There's no latest board with just 2 memory slot.
Good.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks a lot. Yes I feel it is worth waiting. Also I would prefer latest MOBO with default BIOS. Lets wait till August first week.
450W is enough even for a gfx card like 1050Ti with your system as you are not going to overclock.Any A320 mobo has 2 DIMM slots & 4 sata ports but these would most likely require a bios update for ryzen 2xxx processors.In my experience having more sata ports is always good especially if you are already starting from 3 HDDs(most usually start with 1 hdd or 1 hdd & 1 ssd). Trust me you will soon feel the need for a ssd once you experience its performance improvement(cheapest 120gb kingston a400 model costs 2.2k on onlyssd while the budget king samsung 860evo 250gb cost 5.7k).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, that's the one. It was available @ 6k??? wow!!! That's a nice price. Yeah, the usual suspects primeabgb, mdc don't have them in stock. But it's available with srirathiretails and priyacomputers.
Check reviews on amazon.com Gigabyte AB350 series seems to have lot of issues especially with 2xxx processors.

Reactions: nac

Minion

Conversation Architect
AMD APU Ryzen 3 2200G Desktop Processor-7,800
ASROCK AB350 PRO4-7000
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 8GB (1X8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHZ C16-6,700
KINGSTON A400 120GB-2300

Total 23.8k

You don't need to upgrade PSU 450 watts is more than enough

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Asrock after sales support is unknown(as per the no. of online reviews here & elsewhere). For 7.4k asus Prime 350M-A is a better option.

OP
M

Munez

Broken In
@Minion Thanks. I have FSP SAGA II 400 watts which is like 8 years Old :) , So i will need to update the PSU.
I am not looking for SSD now. What benefits will i get for my usage other than fast bootup. I wont be installing VM on SSD if i buy it.

This is what I have thought..

AMD APU Ryzen 3 2200G
MOBO : Eigther Asus rime 350M or i will wait till August 1st week.
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 8GB (1X8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000/2400
PSU : Corsair CX450 White ( Bronze Certified)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Using ssd makes a day & night difference in overall user experience.Other than fast startup every click will respond almost immediately(like launching some program or windows setting option etc). You can even install VM on ssd as long as you have sufficient space(it is recommended to usually leave ~10% of ssd available space free). Currently samsung 860evo 250gb ssd sells for ~5.7k & I expect price to come down to 5k within a year(or maybe during some amazon/flipkart sales offer with discount or cashback).

Minion

Conversation Architect
^^Asrock after sales support is unknown(as per the no. of online reviews here & elsewhere). For 7.4k asus Prime 350M-A is a better option.
Asrock is sub brand of ASUS so after sales service will not be any problem.Motherboard I have suggested is a full ATX mobo
Micro ATX Vs. ATX Motherboards, Which One? - PC Gaming Builds

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
@Minion Thanks. I have FSP SAGA II 400 watts which is like 8 years Old :) , So i will need to update the PSU.
I am not looking for SSD now. What benefits will i get for my usage other than fast bootup. I wont be installing VM on SSD if i buy it.

This is what I have thought..

AMD APU Ryzen 3 2200G
MOBO : Eigther Asus rime 350M or i will wait till August 1st week.
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 8GB (1X8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000/2400
PSU : Corsair CX450 White ( Bronze Certified)

Don't get 2400 Mhz RAM and get mobo that I have suggested it is sub brand of Asus

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Asrock is sub brand of ASUS so after sales service will not be any problem.Motherboard I have suggested is a full ATX mobo
Micro ATX Vs. ATX Motherboards, Which One? - PC Gaming Builds
Don't get 2400 Mhz RAM and get mobo that I have suggested it is sub brand of Asus
I also used to think so but that is not true now.Asrock currently has no relations whatsoever with Asus & because of that there is no sharing of service centres or such with Asus.I searched for asrock service centre reviews & I found very few reviews. One old review I did found on TE/erodov was very bad.

Top Bottom