PC under 50k

cs4sid

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Purpose- Programming, gaming. Applications- Eclipse, Net beans, Visual Studio, MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Games- League of Legends, Hearthstone, Dota2, Diablo3, Starcraft 2.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Willing to spend up to 50,000 bucks.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows(7/8/10) and maybe Ubuntu.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 Tb should be sufficient.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, I want to buy a monitor, any HD LED monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Mouse - Logitech G400s

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Not decided yet, probably by April, might consider extending it to May if better components are being released by then.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: New Delhi, I'm open to buying stuff from online shops.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I wanna build a durable PC, would prefer intel processors, however I don't mind AMD. Also, please suggest a good UPS. Thanks for your replies :)

Last edited:
OP
C

cs4sid

Broken In
No suggestions? :(

Btw, I got this much in mind-
i5-4440
Asus B85m-g
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (4x2) 1600Mhz
Antec Vp550p
Corsair Spec/Deepcool Tesseract
WD Blue 1 Tb

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Sorry, posts from new members are moderated and may not appear in the new posts. :|

Modified forum's 60k config.

ProcessorIntel i5 444011,000
CPU Coolerstock0
MotherboardAsus B85M-G6,000
MemoryKingston HyperX Blu DDR3 2x4 GB 1600 MHz4,200
Graphics CardZotac GTX 960 2 GB DDR5
Power SupplyAntec VP550P3,600
CabinetCorsair Spec-13,500
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD3,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
MonitorDell S2240L8,500
KeyboardDragon War GK-001 Desert Eagle USB 2.0 Keyboard700
Mousenone0
Total59,000

GTX 960 is worth it. If you can't extend the budget, better wait for a month and buy it later.

OP
C

cs4sid

Broken In
Technically I just a minute or more, so I can just turn off the PC when the power goes down lol, wont 600va backup for atleast 1-2 minutes?

2kool2btrue

In the zone
Modified [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]'s recommendation to fit your budget.

ProcessorIntel i5 444011,000
CPU Coolerstock0
MotherboardGigabyte H81M3,200
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury DDR3 2x4 GB 1600 MHz4,500
Graphics CardZotac GTX 960 2 GB DDR5
Power SupplyAntec VP450P2,400
CabinetAny local cabby900
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD3,500
Optical DriveNone0
MonitorDell S2240L7,900
KeyboardYour preference700
Mousenone0
UPSCyberPower 1000VA4000
Total50700 (w/out UPS) / 54700 (with UPS)
[MENTION=306794]cs4sid[/MENTION] - You will not even get 30 seconds backup with a 600VA UPS. If in-game, the UPS would trip as soon as there's a powercut. Go with a 1000VA UPS. People like me are having trouble with an 800VA UPS, let alone a 600VA UPS.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^
IMO a 50k config shouldn't have a el-cheapo local cabinet. Dragon War GK-001 Desert Eagle is the best keyboard he can get for Rs 700

GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PH would be better compared to GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S1

2kool2btrue

In the zone
^
IMO a 50k config shouldn't have a el-cheapo local cabinet. Dragon War GK-001 Desert Eagle is the best keyboard he can get for Rs 700

GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PH would be better compared to GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S1

I agree that a local PC case doesn't really do justice to a 50k rig. That, however, is aesthetic and can be taken care of when the OP has enough money to buy a decent PC case. Trying to keep things as close to his budget as possible.

EDIT - Also, an H81 motherboard doesn't have front USB 3.0 headers so it's better to stick with a normal cabinet. Else, B85 is the way to go.

I had no idea about keyboards so just left it to someone who knows better than me or upto his preference. If you say the Desert Eagle is the best he can get then he could buy it. :)

Sure, I just mentioned an H81 motherboard. Again, if you're recommending an H81M-S2PH over the H81M-S1, it could be better but that won't shake up his budget for sure.

OP
C

cs4sid

Broken In
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] if you don't mind, may I know where can I get a corsair spec-01 for 3.5k?

OP
C

cs4sid

Broken In
Isn't a i3 4130 or an amd Fx 6300 more suited for users requirement.
I'll need i5, it'll be better for running multiple applications at once.

Btw, anyone got any idea about Gtx 950/950 ti? Is it just a rumour? Does it have any estimated release date?

Last edited:
OP
C

cs4sid

Broken In
Guys, which motherboard is better Asus B85M-G or Gigabye B85M-D3H, I understand that both em are the same chipset, I want to compare them in terms of quality and features.

Also I went to the computer market place in my city (Nehru Place, Delhi) to check out what all stuff I can get locally, I found shops selling Asus strix Gtx 960 for 16k (15.9). Now, everyone here suggested me Zotac, but if I can get Strix for 1k cheaper should I go for it?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Guys, which motherboard is better Asus B85M-G or Gigabye B85M-D3H, I understand that both em are the same chipset, I want to compare them in terms of quality and features.

Also I went to the computer market place in my city (Nehru Place, Delhi) to check out what all stuff I can get locally, I found shops selling Asus strix Gtx 960 for 16k (15.9). Now, everyone here suggested me Zotac, but if I can get Strix for 1k cheaper should I go for it?
Asus or Gigabyte either Mobo is good.Its your choice in the end. Zotac has 2years+ 3years warranty after registering in their website. Asus has only 3years warranty. You decide which is better for yourself.

OP
C

cs4sid

Broken In
Is there a difference of build material between Corsair Spec -01, 02, 03?
Some reviews say Spec 01's metal bends easily :|

OP
C

cs4sid

Broken In
Hello again, guy's I've been told that 750ti is also based on maxwell architecture so it being replaced in the 900 series is not confirmed, any thoughts?

Also, will the rig suggested by [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] fit in DeepCool Tesseract Sw? Corsair Spec-01 is out of stock on primeabgb, I was considering getting the rig by 3rd April.

Top Bottom