neo240

Broken In
So I got I7-3770k,
Asus maximus 5 formula .
gskill ripjaws 4gbx2
Zotac 1050 ti amp
Corsair RM750x
Seagate 2TB hdd

I also added the report from CPUZ as attachment.

Now the thing is that I suddenly get restart loop when I start the PC first time in the day. After couple of times, it gives display and loads windows but freezes within 10sec or so. This started 3 days ago when PC suddenly froze or restart when I do work or play games or even run Android emulators. The qcode in mobo shows error 77 usually and red light blinks between Ram or Bios boot leds (These are not the HDD/CPU indicators, again specific to my Mobo).

Now I checked device managed and everything is ok no issues with any device that it shows. Neither is there a temperature issue (I logged temp through gpuz and cpuz to a file). Now there are 2 things I added to the setup in last 2 months that is the HDD and the GPU. These 2 got busted 3 months or so ago and I got new one. I had no issues until 3 days ago.

I have removed the Ram and changed the positions as well as cleaned them up. Same with the HDD etc. I havent opened the CPU/Water cooler in over 6 months though, so I dont think ping got bent or something.

I got 0 idea about what to do now. Should I format or anything else you guys have in mind? BTW I had ubuntu in dual boot too and I had issues there too. Like I couldnt open ubuntu settings even after giving password. I also reinstalled the drivers today but issue persists.

Hope you guys got some idea. Its kinda hard to replace the Mobo/CPU/Ram combo now since its about 7-8 year old parts.

Attachments

• PC.txt
    98.6 KB · Views: 166

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Try to replace CMOS battery, update the BIOS and test with another PSU (without GPU as well). If possible, get a 240GB BX500 or A400 as a boot drive.

OP
N

neo240

Broken In
Thanks for the reply. I have changed the CMOS battery 2 months ago. Not sure if updating bios will work since my motherboards bios didnt get an update since 2013 or something. Should I reflash that version? I dont have a backup PSU so I guess gotta take it to a shop to get it checked.

OP
N

neo240

Broken In
You can, But take it to a certified one, as most others are scammers sitting out looking for your money.
How to know which one is certified and which one isnt? I am in kolkata btw. So any info on legit shops + probable cost to get it checked would be nice.

OP
N

neo240

Broken In
Thanks and btw I updated bios with the file from asus site (was from 2013...) and also got a new CMOS battery. Things didnt change. I guess gotta take it to shop.

Top Bottom