PC Requirement for VFX work

ninadb

Broken In
Hello

I am planning on upgrading my system by next year. Here is the questionaire :

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans : VFX Work - 3D, Game Engines, Compositing, Full Adobe suite and gaming.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans : 1.5 Lakhs (Flexible)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans : No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans : 1TB hard drive, SSD 256 GB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans : BenQ GW2480 - Dual monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans : 16x2 - Corsair Gskill Ripjaws 32GB 3600
Stock cooler,
Antec NX800 ARGB (E-ATX) MID TOWER CABINET
Hard Drive and SSD
BenQ GW2480 single monitor

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans : Early next year

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans : I have never built a desktop before. This will be done by an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans : Mumbai. Yes, I am buying locally and I am open to buying stuff from online shops.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans : Mainly want to upgrade my components, I have mentioned all the other details below

Here is what I am planning to upgrade :
RTX 4060 OR RTX 3090 (Depending upon performance, price etc)
RYZEN 5900X
Dual Monitor - BenQ GW2480
Any compatible motherboard

My current Set up :
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
NVDIA Geforce GTX 1660
32 GB RAM (16GB x2 CORSAIR)
Antec - NE 650 Power Supply
Asrock B450 Pro4 Motherboard
BenQ GW2480

Any suggestions/changes appreciated.

I'm not sure how VRMs of that mobo will handle 5900X at 100% load for long duration.

Better option is to get i5 13500 (23k) with DDR4 mobo (MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4 for 15k), performs same as 5900X. 4070 (under 55k) should be a good GPU option, stick to Nvidia for productivity.

Are you looking to buy new monitors or have those? Maybe get 4K or 1440p monitors instead, unless space restriction is an issue.

1699025719077.png

OP
N

ninadb

Broken In
I'm not sure how VRMs of that mobo will handle 5900X at 100% load for long duration.

Better option is to get i5 13500 (23k) with DDR4 mobo (MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4 for 15k), performs same as 5900X. 4070 (under 55k) should be a good GPU option, stick to Nvidia for productivity.

Are you looking to buy new monitors or have those? Maybe get 4K or 1440p monitors instead, unless space restriction is an issue.
Not keeping the same motherboard as my current set up. Willing to upgrade to anything else within the budget (CPU - AMD or Intel whichever is better, cheaper etc.
I have heard that AMD is better, from the people who have a similar system)

I'm mainly worried about the 40 series availability in India. When I looked up the 4070, its well over my budget - so 4060 seemed a better choice. 3090 is also a backup option
Also, I would definitely like new Monitors within the budget

Appreciate any suggestions / recommendations

Last edited:
CPU - i5 13500 - 23k
Mobo - MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4 - 15k
GPU - Zotac RTX 4070 - 54k
Monitor 1 - LG 27UL550 - 25.5k (amazon) - 27" 4K IPS
Monitor 2 - Acer SA272U - 13k (amazon) - 27" 1440p IPS
Total - 130.5k

CPU cooler - Deepcool AG620 - under 5k

Right now Intel is better for productivity & AMD for gaming. You can even jump up to i7 13700, will result in another 25-30% performance gain over i5 13500 but will have to undervolt it for sure to keep temps in check with air cooler, choose Noctua NH D15 with Thermalright contact frame. It will still be under 1.5L with performance close to 5950X. Decide if you want to spend more for the extra performance.

www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-components/graphics-cards/gpu/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-4070-twin-edge-12gb-gddr6x-zt-d40700e-10m?limit=100

Also, asking for build suggestion is a waste of time now if you plan to build next year. No one knows how prices will move.

OP
N

ninadb

Broken In
CPU - i5 13500 - 23k
Mobo - MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4 - 15k
GPU - Zotac RTX 4070 - 54k
Monitor 1 - LG 27UL550 - 25.5k (amazon) - 27" 4K IPS
Monitor 2 - Acer SA272U - 13k (amazon) - 27" 1440p IPS
Total - 130.5k

CPU cooler - Deepcool AG620 - under 5k

Right now Intel is better for productivity & AMD for gaming. You can even jump up to i7 13700, will result in another 25-30% performance gain over i5 13500 but will have to undervolt it for sure to keep temps in check with air cooler, choose Noctua NH D15 with Thermalright contact frame. It will still be under 1.5L with performance close to 5950X. Decide if you want to spend more for the extra performance.

www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-components/graphics-cards/gpu/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-4070-twin-edge-12gb-gddr6x-zt-d40700e-10m?limit=100

Also, asking for build suggestion is a waste of time now if you plan to build next year. No one knows how prices will move.
Thanks for the suggestions. Just wanted a rough estimate to get a decent idea about the system

OP
N

ninadb

Broken In
Hello

I am planning on upgrading my system by next year. Here is the questionaire :

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans : VFX Work - 3D, Game Engines, Compositing, Full Adobe suite and gaming.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans : 1.5 Lakhs (Flexible)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans : No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans : 1TB hard drive, SSD 256 GB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans : BenQ GW2480 - Dual monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans : 16x2 - Corsair Gskill Ripjaws 32GB 3600
Stock cooler,
Antec NX800 ARGB (E-ATX) MID TOWER CABINET
Hard Drive and SSD
BenQ GW2480 single monitor

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans : Early next year

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans : I have never built a desktop before. This will be done by an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans : Mumbai. Yes, I am buying locally and I am open to buying stuff from online shops.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans : Mainly want to upgrade my components, I have mentioned all the other details below

Here is what I am planning to upgrade :
RTX 4060 OR RTX 3090 (Depending upon performance, price etc)
RYZEN 5900X
Dual Monitor - BenQ GW2480
Any compatible motherboard

My current Set up :
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
NVDIA Geforce GTX 1660
32 GB RAM (16GB x2 CORSAIR)
Antec - NE 650 Power Supply
Asrock B450 Pro4 Motherboard
BenQ GW2480

Any suggestions/changes appreciated.
Reviving this thread, I want to finalize the specifications in the coming weeks. My budget is still around 1.5 Lakhs and have a config in mind :

GPU - GEFORCE RTX 4070, 12GB VRAM
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900k
Motherboard - Gigabyte 550 MD3H

Would appreciate any suggestions regarding the Powersupply, and Case

Currently own Corsair 16x2 , 3200 Mhz ram sticks and plan on still using the same

Also currently have a BenQ monitor but want to upgrade to a dual monitor set up so any suggestions regarding those appreciated

Main requirement - 3D Rendering and VFX

Reviving this thread, I want to finalize the specifications in the coming weeks. My budget is still around 1.5 Lakhs and have a config in mind :

GPU - GEFORCE RTX 4070, 12GB VRAM
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900k
Motherboard - Gigabyte 550 MD3H

Would appreciate any suggestions regarding the Powersupply, and Case

Currently own Corsair 16x2 , 3200 Mhz ram sticks and plan on still using the same

Also currently have a BenQ monitor but want to upgrade to a dual monitor set up so any suggestions regarding those appreciated

Main requirement - 3D Rendering and VFX
My old recommendation is still relevant. For AM4, just go 5950X, not 5900X.

Mobo:
www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-components/motherboard/msi-mpg-b550-gaming-plus-motherboard?limit=100

Mobo with WiFi:
www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/gigabyte-b550-aorus-elite-ax-wi-fi-amd-b550-motherboard/

1708434613156.png

Top Bottom