pc or console

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujeet2555

In the zone
my system specs are following....
p4 1.7 ghz wiliamite core ,256 ddr ram,40 gb hdd,via p4 motherboard,lg combo drive ,17" lg monitor ,nvdia mx 4000 (128 mb), c-media 5.1 sound-card with 5.1 adcom speaker.
i want to play latest games and want to upgrade my pc or if suggested i can buy a console gaming machine like ps2 ,xbox even i can hang up to buy ps3.
how about this configuration
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4200+ or Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor
550 , 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 PC-4200 SDRAM 533MHz ,80GB 7200 RPM
SATA ,NVIDIA GeForceâ„¢ 6600 GT 128MB DDR3 or ATI RADEONâ„¢
X850XT 256MB DDR3 ,Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 ZS 7.1 HD Audio .money is no restriction.please help :roll:

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Holy sh!t !
If money is no restriction, why not a fx7800 in sli mode. And two 80GB sata instead. And 4x 1GB DDR ram.

Xbox 360 is speculated to be released this nov and it will take some time for big titles to get released for the platform, I think. Anyway, I myself don't know which one to choose: ps3 or xbox 360.
Well, wait for others' replies too.

khandu

In the zone
i saw the E3 2005

GO FOR PS3

Simply cause finding games for XBOX maybe a problem..

but XBOX is also awesome!!!..

Put i personally like PC cause u can do soooooooooo much more with it..

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Look mate, it depends on two main factors:

1. Are you willing to splurge all that money on the latest PC?
2. Are you willing to wait until at least November 2005 to get your hands on th Xbox 360 and this time next year for the PS3 or Nintendo Revolution?

The answers to these questions should help you sort out your priorities ;)

Plus, after the new consoles come out, it will still take some time before games become easily available (at least in India).

Tough decision!

Go to www.gamespot.com and see which platform supports most of the games that you like. Most probably you'll end up with PlayStation. Xbox is good in a way as it's more like a PC (similar architecture). You can make it work like a PC with Linux and a few input peripherals.

Anyway get a PS3 or Xbox2 as the previous generation consoles are just too dated. I just sold my PS2 slim.

I don't game, only use MS Flight Sim. So, PC is my only option. But, even if I were a hardcore gamer, I'd still stick with the PC as it's more personal and games look better on a PC monitor (unless you have a HDTV plugged to a console), hardware is easier to upgrade, controllers are cheaper. I don't have a HDTV in my living room and even if I had one, getting personal time on it to play games would be difficult. Trust me, gaming in the living room is not enjoyable when your family has other ideas on how to use a TV. I'd rather restrict gaming to my bedroom. :wink: :lol: :lol:

-Keith

Delpiero

Journeyman
You'll have wait for six months atleast to see how the consoles are doing in the market. It's not yet clear which one is better.
Your system is awesome. But make some changes
Go for X850XT PE or GEforce6800Ultra rather than 6600GT
Get a set of Creative gigaworks S750 7.1 speaker system and Creative 7.1 ZS.

ganesh_2218

Journeyman
The best thing is that go for an console game system like PS2 or Xbox because they r not like pc for to go to upgrade if latest game titles begin to come to market. The great advantage on console is that you can carry easily unlike an pc. Console games are not made up for to changes in hardware like pc but the console games are made for consoles hardware requirements only which doesnt changes and are permanant like ps2 , xbox or coming ones like ps3 or xbox 360

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Yea, new games don't require better h/w with consoles, for some time. But the quality will be crappier than pc, that is, unless u go for hdtv + ps3/xbox2.

But since u are contemplating a console system, I guess u have dealt with the process of getting a personal tv.

My only advice in that case would be for you to buy a weak PC and buy a next gen console system with the saved money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom