PC Master Race Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
"May your framerates be high and your temperatures low"

A place for brethren of the PC Master Race to hang out and discuss their Glorious platform and to ***** upon the filthy console peasants (kappa). This thread is dedicated to everything from satire, circlejerking to serious discussions about the PC platform. Console users are welcome to attain enlightenment regarding the superiority of the PC.

For those who don't know why PCs are better than Consoles:

• Works with any TV or monitor (even multiple of each)
  • Works with any controller
  • Free online services (Steam, Galaxy, Desura, Mumble, etc)
  • Bigger and better online services, for FREE
  • Localized multiplayer, up to 16 players in some games
  • Using a modern GPU yields 60+ frames per second during gameplay. Consoles can barely handle 30.
  • Usable for work, education, as well as entertainment
  • Faster than a PS4 or XBox One, even for $400
  • Cheaper games (Steam, GOG, Humble Bundle)
  • Better-rated games (by MetaScore)
  • Free game modifications and enhancements
  • More games, much larger library
  • More exclusive games
  • Healthy independent developer scene
  • Lots of free games
  • Free abandonware titles
  • Can emulate many console games using freely available emulators
  • Increasingly cheaper hardware for the price as new GPUs are released
  • Big Picture mode for couch gaming
  • Easier to repair
  • Very modular
  • Backward and forward hardware compatibility of ~2 years
  • No punishments for repairing
  • Can be upgraded if desired
  • Easier to upgrade
  • Better price-performance than consoles
  • Higher framerates (smoother)
  • Higher resolution (native to your display, amazingly sharp). Consoles struggle, even at 700-900p!
  • Higher graphical details (lighting, textures, foliage, particles, shading, weather)
  • You're probably going to own some sort of PC anyways, why not pay a bit more on top to make it a gaming machine? That alone makes it cheaper than a console.

More info here: guide - pcmasterrace

Console users, if you have any argument against any of the points above, feel free to post.

Gollum

Collector
First one to spam here.
Next-Gen vs PC

Well congrats on your new PC

On a serious note, 400USD = ~24k
You cannot get 1080p on all games without lag.
Better optimized games would run well.

- - - Updated - - -

*www.gamespot.com/api/image/scale_super/2615715-5568708007-origi.png

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I wouldn't call myself anti-consoles. I bet consoles have their market targeted towards casual gamers and the non-tinkering populace. But those who like to fine tune can get better performance and more out of their PCs. I just don't see consoles matching PC performance anytime soon.

As for 1080p performance, you can always overclock your GPU with much ease.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
BROTHERS!!! :mrgreen:

Brothers in arms. XD

- - - Updated - - -

Framerate issue summarized in one image:

*fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10620666_371486286340361_2142785221657898641_n.jpg?oh=0c0058dba70f4789e66fb175daac563f&oe=54B475E2&__gda__=1420574554_78c6c741816e740a4e634b65f9225dee

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Since we can't fiddle with settings in console nor can we make it SLI etc.
Is it true that
console=for noobs?
PC=for pros?

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I am sure there are pro players on consoles as well. But pretty much yeah. A console is for people who can't be bothered with the technical details of their hardware.

Therefore, in my opinion, a console is mainly for casual players.

If you value performance, however, you will always buy a PC.

tkin

Back to school!!
I'd join this club anyday, not because any of the points listed above, but due to one fact.

How in the world does MS/Sony expect us to aim using a controller? Why doesn't console have native kb/mouse support? Stupid autoaim, any console player will be butchered a 3yrs old pc player in fps, with autoaim turned on.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
IMHO, Mouse and keyboard on consoles would defeat its purpose as a living room device. And using a keyboard and mouse while sitting on your couch is unergonomic and clunky.

Until Valve perfects the Steam controller, I guess auto aim is here to stay.

tkin

Back to school!!
IMHO, Mouse and keyboard on consoles would defeat its purpose as a living room device. And using a keyboard and mouse while sitting on your couch is unergonomic and clunky.

Until Valve perfects the Steam controller, I guess auto aim is here to stay.
Living room device is fine, but why restrict, no is is forcing someone to use the kb/mouse now are they?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I'd join this club anyday, not because any of the points listed above, but due to one fact.

How in the world does MS/Sony expect us to aim using a controller? Why doesn't console have native kb/mouse support? Stupid autoaim, any console player will be butchered a 3yrs old pc player in fps, with autoaim turned on.

I used to play BF3 Multiplayer with controller, for about 800 hrs and did reasonably well. Now I switched to keyboard and mouse, but all you need is map sense. I will try to play with controller again today and see what happens :D

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Living room device is fine, but why restrict, no is is forcing someone to use the kb/mouse now are they?

Probably MS and Sony wanted to distinguish their respective devices from PC.

Even if you hacked a Xbox or PS to use keyboard and mouse, the games would still not respond well since they were not meant to be controlled by keyboard or mouse.

tkin

Back to school!!
Probably MS and Sony wanted to distinguish their respective devices from PC.

Even if you hacked a Xbox or PS to use keyboard and mouse, the games would still not respond well since they were not meant to be controlled by keyboard or mouse.
Massive acceleration on the xyz axis.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
From the first image, about XBox One: "Everybody likes her older sister more"...

And I thought I was the only one! :shock:

Anyway, for the discussion, PC FTW... But I would like a Kinect anyday.. to be used with PC :D

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Master Race Orc Killer , Reporting in for duty at 60 frames per second.

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/ShadowOfMordor2014-10-2122-47-32-98_zpsa2824abe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom