PC gaming rig for 1080p to 2k res.

Kaz2310

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: will be used for gaming and work. I play mostly AAA games line battlefield, Witcher 3 , Monster Hunter World along with Guild Wars 2 which is an MMO. What I really want to run at ultra/ high settings is cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out next year.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 1.6 lakhs max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: maybe not by much though
4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 10 pro

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 gb ssd along with maybe 1tb hdd(I have my old 1gb hdd which is fine)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No minister needed as of yet. I have a 1080p moniter. I may buy a 2k res monitor in the future. But that’s some way off.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I plan to reuse my Corsair evo 212 cooler, my hdd , keyboard and mouse and maybe my cabinet which is a Corsair carbide 300r if a new one is not necessary.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as possible. Preferably over this weekend since my old system is kaput.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes I will build it myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
I did some research on RAM and found that there are variations in channels like C15 and C16. Do they matter at all? Also is Seasonic the best option when it comes to modular PSU’s ?
Need a good processor as the mmo I play is very cpu intensive.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you sure you want to spend 1.6lakhs on just pc without even including a 2k/4k monitor & a cabinet(300R is good for now?

AMD ryzen is more value for money while intel processors are overpriced but will have ~5-10% more fps in games if playing at high refresh rate monitors(144hz or higher) plus intel comes with no future upgrade path as within 1-1.5 years 10th gen will launch which will be incompatible with previous gen mobos.

C15/C16 etc are ram timings & only useful if you are doing extreme overclocking,for all general purposes a C16 ram will do(even C17/C18 ram will do too at higher frequency of 3000mhz+).

OP
K

Kaz2310

Yea I just don’t need a moniter now as I pretty satisfied at 1080p for the moment. I will probably buy a 2K moniter down the line but I don’t want to get one now.

AMD sounds like a good option.
So I assume c15 will be a costlier option?

For cabinet like I said I’m open to getting a new one as I am not sure the current one has sufficient airflow.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
AMD Gaming RIG (RTX 2070)
Budget -158K

Processor -AMD Ryzen 7 2700x -30k
Motherboard -MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC -13k
Graphics Card -MSI Armor RTX 2070 8GB -47k
RAM -G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz 16GB (8GBx2) -28k
SSD -ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB Gen3x4 M.2 SSD -17k
Power Supply -Antec EarthWatts Gold Pro-750w -8k
Cabinet -Cooler Master MASTERBOX LITE 5 RGB -5k
KB & Mouse -Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L Combo -4k
UPS -APC 1.1KVA -6k
Total -158k

OP
K

Kaz2310

AMD Gaming RIG (RTX 2070)
Budget -158K

Processor -AMD Ryzen 7 2700x -30k
Motherboard -MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC -13k
Graphics Card -MSI Armor RTX 2070 8GB -47k
RAM -G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz 16GB (8GBx2) -28k
SSD -ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB Gen3x4 M.2 SSD -17k
Power Supply -Antec EarthWatts Gold Pro-750w -8k
Cabinet -Cooler Master MASTERBOX LITE 5 RGB -5k
KB & Mouse -Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L Combo -4k
UPS -APC 1.1KVA -6k
Total -158k

Interesting. Why MSI for the motherboard though? I heard they have a bad post sales service. I am thinking about the Gigabyte x470 Aorus gaming 7 mobo.

I think I’ll get the gpu from zotac.
Also is Antec is good choice for PSU? Only used Seasonic before.

I don’t need the KB/mouse/ Ups. Also I will be getting a 500 gb ssd.

Is 3200mhz ram needed or is it ok to get a 3000mhz c15 one?

Thanks for helping!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can get the components from primeabgb at lamington road,also change the psu to this(better than antec):
Buy Online | Corsair TX650M 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold Certified PSU CP-9020132-UK | Price in India

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
MSI ryzen mobo,especially gaming pro carbon ac,has the best VRM in its class.You have to get a mobo above 15-16k for better VRMs. MSI after sales service should be decent at least in metro cities like Mumbai.

For ssd,get samsung 860 evo only from onlyssd.com(ssd selling division of primeabgb in case you don't want to visit the store).

You can get any kingston/corsair/adata 3000mhz(0r higher) ram with C16 timing.These 3 brands have official after sales support in India.Crucial/gskill have good ram models but in case of rma it will take time as dealer will send it outside India for replacement as they don't have official service centres in India.

OP
K

Kaz2310

MSI ryzen mobo,especially gaming pro carbon ac,has the best VRM in its class.You have to get a mobo above 15-16k for better VRMs. MSI after sales service should be decent at least in metro cities like Mumbai.

For ssd,get samsung 860 evo only from onlyssd.com(ssd selling division of primeabgb in case you don't want to visit the store).

You can get any kingston/corsair/adata 3000mhz(0r higher) ram with C16 timing.These 3 brands have official after sales support in India.Crucial/gskill have good ram models but in case of rma it will take time as dealer will send it outside India for replacement as they don't have official service centres in India.

Okay thanks for the help. What would be the configuration that you would suggest or shd I go with the one from bsunilreddy above ?

Some questions from my end:
Does getting the new ssd’s with NvMe make sense now that the boards have the capacity for them. I know they have a premium of about 5-6k but does the performance justify that?

Is there a big performance difference between the B450 board VS the x470 ones like the gigabyte gaming 7 ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you have the money(~22k) to buy x470 auros gaming 7 wifi then spend a bit more & get the best ryzen mobo:
Buy ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO at Lowest Price in India - mdcomputers.in

processor--2700x
mobo--your choice(msi or gigabyte) but the best one is asus one above if you have the money
for ram get two of these if not interested in RGB ram:
Buy Online | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 3200MHz Memory HX432C18FB2/8 | Price in India

if you want RGB ram then get this:
Buy Online | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB 16GB (8GB x 2) 3200MHz DDR4 RAM AX4U320038G16-DRS | Price in India

psu already suggested above.

NVMe ssd are definitely faster but their advantage will be noticeable only in certain situations.For a typical user doing daily tasks & gaming only scenarios where one will see this is when loading very large game maps(like 4-5gb maps) or doing some operations on some large complex excel/similar file with 100+ pages &/or lots of graphs/formulas etc. Of course if you have the money to spare then you can get it anyway especially if you plan to use it just as a boot drive along with another large size ssd(or hdd).

For all "practical purposes" there won't be much difference between a good B450 mobo like msi gaming carbon ac & a X470 mobo,in fact a cheap X470 mobo is even worse than msi gaming carbon pro.

OP
K

Kaz2310

If you have the money(~22k) to buy x470 auros gaming 7 wifi then spend a bit more & get the best ryzen mobo:
Buy ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO at Lowest Price in India - mdcomputers.in

processor--2700x
mobo--your choice(msi or gigabyte) but the best one is asus one above if you have the money
for ram get two of these if not interested in RGB ram:
Buy Online | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 3200MHz Memory HX432C18FB2/8 | Price in India

if you want RGB ram then get this:
Buy Online | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB 16GB (8GB x 2) 3200MHz DDR4 RAM AX4U320038G16-DRS | Price in India

psu already suggested above.

NVMe ssd are definitely faster but their advantage will be noticeable only in certain situations.For a typical user doing daily tasks & gaming only scenarios where one will see this is when loading very large game maps(like 4-5gb maps) or doing some operations on some large complex excel/similar file with 100+ pages &/or lots of graphs/formulas etc. Of course if you have the money to spare then you can get it anyway especially if you plan to use it just as a boot drive along with another large size ssd(or hdd).

For all "practical purposes" there won't be much difference between a good B450 mobo like msi gaming carbon ac & a X470 mobo,in fact a cheap X470 mobo is even worse than msi gaming carbon pro.

Thanks for the help . Some very good points.

So just wanted to ask that if I OC on the MSI B450 board I shd be fine right. Not extreme OC but I plan to dabble a bit.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
For anything other than extreme OC,msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac is enough.There is just one thing about msi mobos,they lack vcore offset option bios meaning precision boost will not be available for ryzen but that is more of a auto overclock option.If you plan to do the OC manually then it has no relation with that.Even with manual OC you can easily do mild/decent OC on msi mobos.

Check this for some OC tips(bios should be similar on B450 carbon ac) but I suggest not to dabble in OC unless you really need it(e.g.regularly hitting 70-80% cpu usage) &/or clear all basics regarding OC.
The MSI B450 Tomahawk Motherboard Review: More Missile Than Axe
Also some comments about msi b450 tomahawk/mortar(cheaper version of tomahawk) suggest board might not work with 3200mhz ram but I checked B450 gaming pro carbon ac memory compatibility & that hyperx ram I suggested is there(even adata is there but with a slightly changed model in which last 3 characters are BRS instead of DRS though good chance DRS will work too).

Top Bottom