Asus TUF z370 gaming
corsair vengence 2*8 DDR4 3200
crucial 1TB SSD(OS and Games)
2*@TB WD green HD
corsair 750 watss PSU
MSI GTX 1060 6GB
Creative sound blaster Z sound card
windows 10 64 Home

My PC freezes 3 to 5 seconds randomly ( sometimes playing game,watching video) then continuous normally again. I know its something related to SSD power options. I have already unchecked indexing and made
AHCI active.

Then previously i remember having 5.1 output from youtube videos.But in this new config
there is sound from only the front LR speakers.

Also help me overclock my RAM to run 3200MHz from its base frequency, how do i do it?

Kindly help me resolve.

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
What about the sound driver? Did you install it? Just once, remove the sound card from motherboard, uninstall creative drivers if you have installed and then connect aux cable directly to motherboard's sound output. Don't forget to install drivers for onboard sound chip.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Regarding your issue related to momentary freeze. Check SSD/HDD for any errors. You can use third party free apps like CrystalDiskInfo to check the health of HDD. Also run Windows disk check utility. If vendor has provided any specific tools to check health of SSD and fine tune it, try using those too.

Another simple check to make (As I see you have 2 more HDDs) is to ensure that your HDDs are not set to sleep after certain period of inactivity. This option is present under Advanced Power options. When HDD sleeps and Windows need to do I/O, it has to first wake up and this wait state may cause momentary freeze.

You will have to literally type 'Never' in place of number of minutes stated for going into Sleep state.

Also temporarily remove additional HDDs and operate with only the main OS SSD and check if additional drives have a role to play in this behavior.

Last edited:
Top Bottom