PC for Photo and video editing for 45k

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You probably won't be able to resell 2400G for more than 6-7k after launch of ryzen 4xxx apu in which case you will be paying 4k just to run a 2400g for 2-3 months(after 6-7 months I doubt you would even get 6-7k for a 2400G). Why not stick to original suggestion of buying 3600 & a used graphics card?
@SaiyanGoku

OP
S

spm

Journeyman
Couldnt find any 2nd hand GPU for reasonable rate from trustworthy sources. The best possible thing was for me to wait a few months or wait for a better second hand deal, but that wont be possible as I dont have a spare pc right now. Also that 3600 was a value sweet spot for me too but along with the graphics card rates prevailing now that does not seem like a worthy performance upgrade right now. This change knocks down 20k from budget right now and personally I don't see performance increase worth of 20k with that upgrade in my current workflow of Photo editing. Maybe if and when video editing becomes a major portion I would change to better GPU and otherwise to possibly an 8 core CPU. I was planning on getting 5-6k for the 2400G in 1 year time. Thats a loss I know. If possible I will built a rig around that CPU for basic tasks after I I upgrade.

OP
S

spm

Journeyman
In the mean time I will be using the system for photo editing in photoshop and lightroom. And I got a plan to recycle the CPU to another office system in our business.

Not a bad decision IMO if it meets your needs for 6 months or so, then upgrade to newer CPU & GPU.

If price difference b/w R5 2400G & 3400G isn't more than 1-1.5k, get newer one, otherwise stick with R5 2400G as its just 10% inferior to 3400G.

OP
S

spm

Journeyman
Not a bad decision IMO if it meets your needs for 6 months or so, then upgrade to newer CPU & GPU.

If price difference b/w R5 2400G & 3400G isn't more than 1-1.5k, get newer one, otherwise stick with R5 2400G as its just 10% inferior to 3400G.

I checked that the price difference is 3.2k. So opted for the 2400g.

BTW I have ordered all the components. Waiting for them to reach.

Just now as I was typing this got a call from TheITDepot saying that CX550 is not available. It seems to be not available elsewhere also only on amazon listed as to be available from august 1.
Should I stick with CX550 or change to something else. I can wait till August 1.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just now as I was typing this got a call from TheITDepot saying that CX550 is not available. It seems to be not available elsewhere also only on amazon listed as to be available from august 1.
Should I stick with CX550 or change to something else. I can wait till August 1.
It will be in stock on amazon on 1st Aug but you can pre-order it now or you can wait till amazon prime day sale on 6/7aug(need amazon prime acc & hdfc card) buy it at that time with 10% discount.
*www.amazon.in/Corsair-Cp-9020121-Uk-Cx550-Bronze-Supply/dp/B06X9BV5PR

*mdcomputers.in/corsair-cx550-550-watt-80-plus-bronze-cp-9020121-uk.html

*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...-plus-bronze-certification-psu-cp-9020121-uk/

OP
S

spm

Journeyman
Guys All the components arrived yesterday. Assembled and installed windows and basic drivers today. The only niggle was that the CX550 came with square pin cable and I tried it using an adapter. The system didn't switch on. Although it made me worried for a moment, once I switched to one I had everything works fine. The system feels snappy compared to my sandybridge based dell laptop.

Thank you guys a lot for the support
Thank you @whitestar_999, @omega44-xt, @SaiyanGoku & @ico

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-08-12 at 11.05.40 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-12 at 11.05.40 AM.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 113
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-08-12 at 11.05.16 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-12 at 11.05.16 AM.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 121
OP
S

spm

Journeyman
Good to know. CX550 has flat pin plug & I also use similar adapter to convert flat pin to round pin.

But the thing is the adapter is working for other devices. But they have round plugs. Maybe the square inserts of the adapter are damaged or the cable has been cut internally. will check in a few days.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
But the thing is the adapter is working for other devices. But they have round plugs. Maybe the square inserts of the adapter are damaged or the cable has been cut internally. will check in a few days.
I didn't understand, you said system was working fine after the first time of not working.
once I switched to one I had everything works fine.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry my bad..... Once I switched to an old normal type cable from my previous desktop, everything works.
Got it. Just make sure the cable is in good physical condition & is rated at least 6A though a good 10A one which is easily available on amazon will be better.

OP
S

spm

Journeyman
Got it. Just make sure the cable is in good physical condition & is rated at least 6A though a good 10A one which is easily available on amazon will be better.

The Cable is in good condition and is rated for 10A. But the APC UPS cable is rated for 6A. So I guess the 10A does not matter.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Cable is in good condition and is rated for 10A. But the APC UPS cable is rated for 6A. So I guess the 10A does not matter.
It doesn't really matter indeed. Power=Voltage*Current so a standard 220V in Indian homes with 6A can provide (220*6)=1320W which is more than double of a typical pc power requirement.

Top Bottom