PC for home use under 25K

sksundram

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: No Gaming. SketchUp Application.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 25k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 (Already have it)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I need to buy all except speakers and monitor.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within 2 weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I will built it on my own.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Patna. I prefer buying online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Could Ryzen 5 + Mechanical Keyboard (not TVS) be made available within this budget? Also need a built in wifi (or an external card if it's better than the built in)

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You don't have sufficient budget to get all the things you want now. Either relax the things you want to buy and/or increase your budget to ~45k.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Monitor alone won't cut it. Still it would cost you over 35k even with membrane keyboard. If you want mechanical keyboard you have to shell out even more. I would prefer to stick with Samsung EVO series SSD, but you don't have budget for that. If I put Samsung SSD instead or Kingston/Sandisk, your budget will shoot up over 40k.

3D application could use more cores and some decent graphic and in your budget 2200G is the cheapest option. But even Pentium can't be fit in this budget.

Minion

Conversation Architect
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G APU-7,800
MSI B350M PRO-VDH-6,700
Corsair 8GB DDR4 CMK8GX4M1D3000C16-6,700
SEAGATE DESKTOP HARD DRIVE 1TB BARRACUDA (ST1000DM010)-2,900
Kingston A400 120GB-2200
Antec BP450S-2,200
Corsair 100R Black-2,800

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Ryzen 5, especially the non-APU models, are way outside your budget.

If you can slightly extend the budget, a Core i3 8100 / H310 mobo / 8 GB DDR4 / 1 TB HDD could work.
Since you don't intend to use it for gaming, consider a pre-built machine like the HP Slimline Desktop - 290-p0055il (costs 25k) and add a 4 GB extra stick to it (costs 3k).
It uses a H370 mobo, supports M.2 PCIe SSD, has WiFi, and comes with KB+mouse:

HP Slimline Desktop - 290-p0055il

If you have any plans to add a powerful GPU (anything other than say a GT 1030), build a custom rig with a decent PSU (say Corsair 400W). Budget mobos don't have WiFi, but you can get a USB WiFi adapter for < 1k.

If you can't stretch your budget at all, then a G4560 / H110 mobo / 8 GB DDR4 / 1 TB HDD is your best bet. But 4-core is kinda becoming the bare minimum for desktops and there's a lot of noise that HyperThreading might not be secure (something like spectre/meltdown), if you care about that. So, if possible, spend a few thousand rs. more for a quad-core rig.

Last edited:
OP
sksundram

sksundram

In the zone
How's Ryzen 3 1300x? It costs INR 6100 on mdcomputers.in. Is it a good investment? Which motherboard should I look for to go with it?

Top Bottom