PC for Browsing and Movies for 40K

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
^^SSD is must for much improved overall user experience so skipping on it is not recommended unless one is "absolutely short" on budget.

yes it is. But my personal view is that under this context spending rs.6000 extra for an ssd is not a great idea! For simple uses like watching multi media content and browsing, a normal config is enough unless of-course one wants to open a 100 of browser tabs with several multi media content playing together etc. But in this case I doubt they would even utilize the full potential of a g4560! In any case they feel the PC is a bit slower than expected, they can always add an ssd later.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
So I had word with my friend.He is fine with a Pentium G4560 build. Can you guys suggest a Gigabyte or Asus Motherboard. Since they are supposed to have better after sales service compared to MSI. Also 8GB RAM is a must. Please give model info too on the RAM,so I get the correct compatible ones.

For the motherboard get Asus H110M-D for rs.4.5k .
ASUS MOTHERBOARD H110M-D (INTEL SOCKET 1151/6 GENERATION SERIES CPU/MAX 32GB DDR4-2133MHZ MEMORY)
for the ram, try this Buy Online | G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-2400C15S-8GVR DDR4 8GB Memory | Price in India
contact primeabgb for stock availability.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes it is. But my personal view is that under this context spending rs.6000 extra for an ssd is not a great idea! For simple uses like watching multi media content and browsing, a normal config is enough unless of-course one wants to open a 100 of browser tabs with several multi media content playing together etc. But in this case I doubt they would even utilize the full potential of a g4560! In any case they feel the PC is a bit slower than expected, they can always add an ssd later.
Please correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you have ever used a sdd(well me neither but I have seen enough on others' laptops). What you are describing(aka 100+ tabs with multi media content) is a heavy ram usage scenario & ssd won't help you there(& neither will processor).As for spending 6k extra here again you are not exactly correct.It is 3k extra because 3k is already spent on a 1TB hdd which really is not required for someone not using their system as a download station/data collection which is the case here.On the other hand this extra 3k will give you day & night difference in overall user experience(think of micromax lower end mobile vs iPhone).

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
What you are describing(aka 100+ tabs with multi media content) is a heavy ram usage scenario & ssd won't help you there(& neither will processor).As for spending 6k extra here again you are not exactly correct.It is 3k extra because 3k is already spent on a 1TB hdd which really is not required for someone not using their system as a download station/data collection which is the case here.On the other hand this extra 3k will give you day & night difference in overall user experience(think of micromax lower end mobile vs iPhone).
yes it is a high ram usage scenario. What I wanted to convey was that browser stores temporary internet files images,gifs,scripts etc on the hdd and if there are many tabs open and when one wants to open a previously opened tab, it is likely the browser will refresh itself by loading the temporary internet files. In such cases there could be some stuttering in a normal hdd on a webpage with lots of graphic content(and of-course ads). In such cases ssds will be good. but then again I doubt the usage scenario here.
Why 1TB hdd was suggested because it can store a large number of movies and that is one of the use case. If it is likely they don't want to store much number of movies, ssd could be a good option omitting the hdd.
@op is space isn't an issue, then get 860 evo.

OP
Stormbringer

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
For the motherboard get Asus H110M-D for rs.4.5k .
ASUS MOTHERBOARD H110M-D (INTEL SOCKET 1151/6 GENERATION SERIES CPU/MAX 32GB DDR4-2133MHZ MEMORY)
for the ram, try this Buy Online | G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-2400C15S-8GVR DDR4 8GB Memory | Price in India
contact primeabgb for stock availability.
Thanks. I hope the latest manufactured pieces come with updated BIOS. Any idea how is this Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H motherboard?

For the user's usecase a higher capacity HDD is better. Will ask friend to get an SSD during Black Friday sales.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
B250 chipsets are better compared to H110 which are entry level plus B250 chipsets come with out of box support for 7th gen processors.If your friend is in US then I think he can easily adjust both ssd & hdd as prices their are cheaper compared to here even without sale.

OP
Stormbringer

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
B250 chipsets are better compared to H110 which are entry level plus B250 chipsets come with out of box support for 7th gen processors.If your friend is in US then I think he can easily adjust both ssd & hdd as prices their are cheaper compared to here even without sale.
Friend is in the US but his parents (who will be using the PC )are in Bangalore. He is not visiting India anytime soon. ASRock B250 MB are available for even cheaper price. But I am unaware of their After Sales Service .

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
There is gigabyte b250m d2v available for 4.7k or so.. But it has a dvi port .. Otherwise I think mdcomputers and others update the bios for you if you ask them... Confirm by mailing them .. Then get Asus h110m D

If your plan on buying next month , you can directly go with 8th gen pentium + board ... H310 boards have started appearing in a few countries so we might see them next month here with pentium and more 8th gen processors launch alongside

If you don't need lots of storage then go for Samsung 860 evo 250 gb

Otherwise go for a 1tb hdd + 120gb ssd combo

With samsung 250gb you get more performance and more warranty so it is more vfm.. But if you want to keep cost down you can go with 120gb for 2.8k or so with 1tb hdd

Ssds are back to decent prices again

OP
Stormbringer

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
I'll have to ask my friend if he wants to wait. I'll go with a 1TB HDD for now and then add the SSD after a couple of months. Also , an Optical drive is required since friend's dad still buys DVDs and CDs. I assume their existing still works and can be re-used. If it doesn't , will need a new one. Are LG drives still good these days ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'll have to ask my friend if he wants to wait. I'll go with a 1TB HDD for now and then add the SSD after a couple of months. Also , an Optical drive is required since friend's dad still buys DVDs and CDs. I assume their existing still works and can be re-used. If it doesn't , will need a new one. Are LG drives still good these days ?
DVDs are obsolete. It would be better to move on to better storage options. Please ask his father to not depend on them.

Top Bottom