PC configuration request for 10-12k(CPU,MOTHERBOARD,RAM)

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,
Recently my AM3 motherboard broke since it was an old platform I decided to get a new Processor, motherboard, and RAM for rest I will be reusing old parts.
This PC will mostly be used for programming and I may later add a mid-range GPU. I can spend 10-12k max and I am open to both AMD and Intel configuration.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Pentium G4560 - Rs 5,000
Gigabyte h110 DS2 / Asus H110M CS / - Rs 4000 .. if you need HDMI port then - gigabyte h110 S2ph/Asus h110 - D - Rs 4500
Corsair 4gb DDR4 2133/2400 - Rs 3500

check spacing for asus

Motherboard requires BIOS update before you can use this CPU ,otherwise it will not work so make sure before buying that BIOS is not old ( better buy it offline from some big PC shop that will be able to update BIOS and also see that motherboard manufacturing/import date is recent ..

Last edited:
OP
M

Minion

Conversation Architect
Pentium G4560 - Rs 5,000
Gigabyte h110 DS2 / Asus H110M CS / - Rs 4000 .. if you need HDMI port then - gigabyte h110 S2ph/Asus h110 - D - Rs 4500
Corsair 4gb DDR4 2133/2400 - Rs 3500

check spacing for asus

Motherboard requires BIOS update before you can use this CPU ,otherwise it will not work so make sure before buying that BIOS is not old ( better buy it offline from some big PC shop that will be able to update BIOS and also see that motherboard manufacturing/import date is recent ..

What are your views on this
ASRock > H110M-HDV R3.0

Seems good with all ports and is available for 3.8k

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
What are your views on this
ASRock > H110M-HDV R3.0

Seems good with all ports and is available for 3.8k

There is also MSI H110M PRo VH plus available for Rs 3600 .. but then it depends upon whether you want to pay more for decent after sale services

though Asrock also has a heatsink ( not many reviews about after sale services of Asrock )

Last edited:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
@gta5 where is G4560 available for 5k,it is 5.4k at mdcomputers & vedantcomputers.

yeah , i had deltapage price list in mind ..

*www.deltapage.com/content/price.htm

showing Rs 4950

and even at mdcomputers 5400 is with free shipping , likely to be available cheaper offline.. recent price drop on this processor, probably demand has cooled down

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see!I will wait for costtocost pricelist then because that is the offline price benchmark in Nehru Place Delhi(before GST G4560 was ~4.4k there & after GST it was almost always out of stock).Btw you saw this:
Meltdown and Spectre: ‘worst ever’ CPU bugs affect virtually all computers

This makes things complicated especially if one is planning for intel based system.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
I see!I will wait for costtocost pricelist then because that is the offline price benchmark in Nehru Place Delhi(before GST G4560 was ~4.4k there & after GST it was almost always out of stock).Btw you saw this:
Meltdown and Spectre: ‘worst ever’ CPU bugs affect virtually all computers

This makes things complicated especially if one is planning for intel based system.

costocost always has that"ASK" in place g4560 price ever since demand shot up the price of this cpu..

yeah , from what i gather , performance hit isn't big for general PC/gaming usage with those patches .. it's big for heavy random disk I/o performance , Servers etc ..

but things aren't fully clear yet and still developing and these patches still not secure everything.. in this price range no good AMD alternative , only A6 9500 is there with AM4 which is slower /older arch than g4560 in cpu performance .. although tomorrow amd is likely to announce Ryzen desktop APUs , so waiting would be best option if minion can do that or the other alternative is settle with a6 9500 now and upgrade cpu after 1-2 years.. AM4 offers good upgrade path (assuming cheaper A320 boards also get support for 3rd gen Ryzen CPU's in 2019 )

@Minion , avoid gigabyte H110M - H or S2 boards that cost 4100-4200 .. they are most popular but they are average quality .. also Asus CS , PCIe slot is at the edge , read reviews

*www.amazon.in/Asus-H110M-CS-Generation-Motherboard-protection/dp/B01MFG8IR9

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -15.5K

Intel Pentium G 4560 -5500,
Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2 -4500,
Corsair Value Select 8GB 2133Mhz DDR4 -5500.
Total -15,500.

OP
M

Minion

Conversation Architect
After some research, I have decided on these
Intel Pentium G4560-5,200
Asrock B250M-HDV-4,900
ADATA DESKTOP RAM XPG GAMMIX D10 SERIES - 4GB (4GBx1) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz- 3,800 later I am going to add one more stick

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just be aware that this Intel system(or any intel system currently) will be vulnerable to both Meltdown & Spectre.Installing software patches for meltdown may affect performance if workload is quite dependent on syscalls(e.g.operations on large databases).

Also I would suggest to stick with Kingston,Corsair & Transcend for RAM.

Top Bottom